About This Course
Not getting job interviews? Write a great cover letter that gets you the job you want! Badly written job cover letters eliminate 90% of job applicants. Most applicants are not competing against other applicants for scarce jobs — they are competing against themselves!
Take this university-level course, taught by an experienced business communication professor, that outlines the secrets behind every step in writing effective cover letters.
Give yourself the best chance to get the job you want by making a great first impression with an effective cover letter.
Write a cover letter as you follow detailed lessons that outline the main problems found in real cover letters produced by actual job applicants.
The course presents a logical process that works through the 3 parts of a job cover letter: the header, the body, and the footer.
In this comprehensive course, I’ll help you:
- deconstruct the advertisement to engage with the job’s requirements;
- avoid the typical mistakes in the header;
- write clearly and edit to perfection;
- format the letter to create a pleasing page design;
- make a great first impression with the opening paragraph;
- remove vague, empty statements about your work experience;
- go beyond static statements about “holding positions”;
- place your valuable skills in context;
- include factual evidence and short stories of success; and,
- conclude in a straightforward way that avoids flattery.
SkillSuccess offers a 30-day guarantee: if this course doesn’t satisfy your needs, you can get a refund — there’s no risk to you!
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to improve your cover letter.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn how to improve your cover letter!
|Section 1 - Starting Out|
|An Introduction To The Principles Of The Course||00:00:00|
|Preparing To Write||00:00:00|
|Deconstructing The Job Advertisement||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - Technical Details|
|Writing Style And Editing||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - The Header: Make A Great First Impression|
|Section 4 - The Body: The Meat Of The Cover Letter|
|Introduction To The Body||00:00:00|
|The Opening Paragraph||00:00:00|
|The Problem Of Vague Statements||00:00:00|
|The Problem Of Holding Positions||00:00:00|
|The Problem Of Having Skills||00:00:00|
|Specifics And Evidence To Entice The Hiring Manager||00:00:00|
|Section 5 - Don't Ignore The Footer|
|The Footer Principles||00:00:00|
|Section 6 - You're Almost Done!|