About This Course
Who this course is for:
- This course is aimed towards absolute beginners who want to learn how to build websites with Ruby on Rails
- Anyone wanting to learn to build web apps
- Anyone interested in Cryptocurrencies
- Anyone interested in Blockchain news
What you’ll learn:
- Introductory Ruby on Rails
- How to build API driven websites with Rails
- Set up a virtual development environment
- How to connect to third party APIs
- How to get crypto price data
- Basic CSS with Bootstrap 4.1
- How to use instance variables
- How to use forms with Rails
- Understand the Rails Controller
- Basic error handling
- No programming skills or special tools are necessary to take this course
Cryptocurrencies are all the rage right now. Wouldn’t it be cool to build a website that shows Crypto news automatically? That’s what we’ll learn in this course!
We’ll be able to pull news stories, crypto price data, and all kinds of cool stuff, and output it onto the screen of our website automatically. Also, we’ll build a website using Ruby on Rails and Bootstrap that connects to a free third party crypto API.
You don’t need any special tools to take this course. We’ll be using a free online development environment pre-loaded with Ruby on Rails. Or, you can feel free to download rails directly to your computer and follow along that way.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned about how to build a cryptocurrency news site using ruby on rails.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about using Ruby on Rails.
|Section 1 - Build A Cryptocurrency News Site With Ruby On Rails|
|C9 Development Environment||00:00:00|
|Ruby On Rails Layout Walkthrough||00:00:00|
|Creating The First Webpage With The Generator||00:00:00|
|Creating A Second Webpage Manually||00:00:00|
|Installing The Bootstrap CSS Framework||00:00:00|
|Adding A Navbar||00:00:00|
|Creating Links In Rails||00:00:00|
|Crypto API Walkthrough||00:00:00|
|Calling The Crypto API||00:00:00|
|Making Sense Of The API Data||00:00:00|
|Output Specific API Data||00:00:00|
|Formatting The API Output||00:00:00|
|Getting Price Data API||00:00:00|
|More Price Data||00:00:00|
|Creating A Table With Price Data||00:00:00|
|Building The Lookup Form||00:00:00|
|Adding Functionality To The Lookup Form||00:00:00|
|Error Handling Part 1||00:00:00|
|Error Handling Part 2||00:00:00|