This course is designed for those interested to learn depression counselling.Read more.
About This Course
Do you know that every 10th person on average is suffering from depression? Do you want to help adults or children to recover from depression? If you are ready to start your career as a counselor, then you are in the right place.
This course is for those who has a deep interest in training as a counselor or using counseling approach in your work with people who suffer from various forms of depression.
This course is also for those who want to help their family, friends and possibly themselves through the knowledge that you will gain through this course.
In this course you will learn:
- What are the signs of depression
- How to help the client who suffers with major depressive episode and sleeping problems
- What is happening in the brain when experiencing depression
- What antidepressants are the most effective
- Can depression be treated with omega 3 supplements, art therapy, tai chi and yoga
- What approaches in counseling are best suited to treatment of depression
- What’s the link between neurotransmitters such as serotonin, dopamine and depression
- How to treat bipolar disorder
- and so much more!
- have an interest in psychology or counseling!
- want to help those who suffer from depression
- ready to do some learning!
What will I learn?
- have a thorough theoretical knowledge about depression and counseling
- work as a ‘helper’ who specializes in ‘depression’
- use counseling approaches in everyday life and career!
- know what is happening to someone who is depressed (brain, body, cognition)
- know how a person with depression can be diagnosed
Who is the target audience?
- Beginners in counseling and psychology
- Those who want to work with and help people with depression
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned advanced knowledge about depression counseling.
10 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about depression counseling!
|Section 1 - Introduction|
|About The Course||00:00:00|
|About The Tutor||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - What Causes Depression|
|Melancholy And The History Of Counselling||00:00:00|
|Signs Of Depression||00:00:00|
|Depression And The Brain||00:00:00|
|Depression And Neurons||00:00:00|
|Stress And Depression||00:00:00|
|Environmental And Health Factors||00:00:00|
|Depression And Sleep Disorders||00:00:00|
|Module 1: Assessment Questions||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - Different Types Of Depression|
|Classifying Depression And Different Classification Methods||00:00:00|
|Depression And Creative Minds||00:00:00|
|Dysthymia, Pre-Menstrual Dysphoric Disorder And Atypical Depression||00:00:00|
|Bipolar / Manic Depression||00:00:00|
|Antenatal And Postpartum Depression||00:00:00|
|Bereavement And Grief||00:00:00|
|Dysthymia In Children And Adolescents||00:00:00|
|Depression And The Elderly||00:00:00|
|Psychosocial And Health Factors In The Elderly||00:00:00|
|Module 2: Assessment Questions||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Different Types Of Medicine|
|Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors||00:00:00|
|Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors||00:00:00|
|Medication Statistics And Doctors In The UK And USA||00:00:00|
|Module 3: Assessment Questions||00:00:00|
|Section 5 - Complementary Alternative Therapies|
|Lifestyle Management, Diet, Exercise And Meditation||00:00:00|
|St John’s Wort: Hypericum Perforatum||00:00:00|
|Omega 3 Fatty Acids||00:00:00|
|Tai Chi, Qigong||00:00:00|
|Art Therapy And Music Therapy||00:00:00|
|Module 4: Assessment Questions||00:00:00|
|Section 6 - Counselling Approaches To Depression|
|Person Centered Therapy||00:00:00|
|Family Or Couples Therapy||00:00:00|
|Stepped Care Model Approach||00:00:00|
|Psychodynamic / Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy||00:00:00|
|Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy||00:00:00|
|Clinical Hypnotherapy And Cognitive Behavioral Therapy||00:00:00|
|Clinical Hypnotherapy For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder||00:00:00|
|The Therapeutic Relationship||00:00:00|
|Knowledge And Qualities Necessary To A Counselor||00:00:00|
|Module 5: Assessment Questions||00:00:00|
|Thank You And Good Bye!||00:00:00|