About This CourseBeginner
Do you know that every 10th person on average is suffering from depression? Do you want to help adults or children to recover from depression? If you are ready to start your career as a counselor, then you are in the right place.
This course is for those who has a deep interest in training as a counselor or using counseling approach in your work with people who suffer from various forms of depression.
This course is also for those who want to help their family, friends and possibly themselves through the knowledge that you will gain through this course.
In this course you will learn:
- What are the signs of depression
- How to help the client who suffers with major depressive episode and sleeping problems
- What is happening in the brain when experiencing depression
- What antidepressants are the most effective
- Can depression be treated with omega 3 supplements, art therapy, tai chi and yoga
- What approaches in counseling are best suited to treatment of depression
- What’s the link between neurotransmitters such as serotonin, dopamine and depression
- How to treat bipolar disorder
- and so much more!
- have an interest in psychology or counseling!
- want to help those who suffer from depression
- ready to do some learning!
What will I learn?
- have a thorough theoretical knowledge about depression and counseling
- work as a ‘helper’ who specializes in ‘depression’
- use counseling approaches in everyday life and career!
- know what is happening to someone who is depressed (brain, body, cognition)
- know how a person with depression can be diagnosed
Who is the target audience?
- Beginners in counseling and psychology
- Those who want to work with and help people with depression
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned advanced knowledge about depression counseling.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about depression counseling!
About The Course
About The Tutor
Melancholy And The History Of Counselling
Signs Of Depression
Depression And The Brain
Depression And Neurons
Stress And Depression
Environmental And Health Factors
Depression And Sleep Disorders
Module 1: Assessment Questions
Classifying Depression And Different Classification Methods
Depression And Creative Minds
Dysthymia, Pre-Menstrual Dysphoric Disorder And Atypical Depression
Bipolar / Manic Depression
Antenatal And Postpartum Depression
Bereavement And Grief
Dysthymia In Children And Adolescents
Depression And The Elderly
Psychosocial And Health Factors In The Elderly
Module 2: Assessment Questions
Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors
Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors
Medication Statistics And Doctors In The UK And USA
Module 3: Assessment Questions
Lifestyle Management, Diet, Exercise And Meditation
St John’s Wort: Hypericum Perforatum
Omega 3 Fatty Acids
Tai Chi, Qigong
Art Therapy And Music Therapy
Module 4: Assessment Questions
Person Centered Therapy
Family Or Couples Therapy
Stepped Care Model Approach
Psychodynamic / Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy
Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy
Clinical Hypnotherapy And Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Clinical Hypnotherapy For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
The Therapeutic Relationship
Knowledge And Qualities Necessary To A Counselor
Module 5: Assessment Questions
Thank You And Good Bye!