About This CourseBeginner
Latest update – May 2020
Are you ready to breathe some new life into your old website?
This step-by-step, clear, and easy to follow course will show you how to take your current or old website and give it a complete makeover, regardless of which tools, platform, or theme you plan to use to build it.
We’ll talk about how to best plan your beautiful new website so it works hard for you while you are off doing other things, so it can best promote you, your work, and your brand. I’ll also walk you through the process of changing to a new theme in WordPress and in particular the powerful and stunning e-commerce WordPress theme Divi from Elegant Themes.
I created this course while I myself was redesigning my own online artist’s portfolio. You’ll see my old website go through a complete transformation as I show you the exact process I used to plan, create, and launch my new and improved website as an actual case study.
Let me help you set up a new website that can do the online heavy lifting for you by showing you how to include features that:
- Effectively showcase your latest projects, designs, or products
- Better feature your services
- Sell more of your products
- Collect new subscribers for your mailing list
- Generate more social media shares (and more traffic) for your blog posts and other content.
- Get more followers for your linked social media pages.
- Start using the Divi 3.0 Visual Builder to edit your pages in real time.
- (NEW) Diagnose, tune-up, and supercharge your website so it performs better, generating more clicks, engagement, followers, subscribers, and sales 24 hours a day while you are off doing other things.
What Students Are Saying:
“I am so thankful this course was available as it saved me hours and hours of working out the Divi way of doing things. Clear explanations and examples meant I started and got it all to work in less than a day, quite an achievement for a technophobe like me. I have copied the fonts, colours etc as this is the bit I really struggle with. Good tips and new techniques for using colours and fonts MANY THANKS!” -Leap Training Institute
I’m a practicing award-winning multimedia artist and a former tenured Associate Professor of Digital Media and Program Director of Film & Digital Media at The American University of Rome (2006-2016). I’m currently an Associate Professor of Digital Media at The American University of Myanmar in Yangon, Myanmar (Burma).
Since 2000 I’ve been teaching students all over the world using my tried and true custom approach (turning complex information into something simple, memorable, easy-to-understand in as short amount of time as possible) to ensure that you get the most important, relevant, and useful information that can be applied immediately.
What are the requirements?
- This course gives a general overview of what you need to think about and do when undertaking a website redesign. If you plan to follow along with me in WordPress, the course assumes you already have a basic understanding of the WordPress dashboard and interface.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Plan and create a dream website that best showcases you, your work, and your brand in the best possible light to help gain new clients, subscribers, and social media followers.
- Troubleshoot common issues with activating and modifying a new WordPress theme.
- Activate and modify the Divi theme for a new or existing WordPress website.
- Use Divi page templates and modules to create beautiful landing pages, portfolios, storefronts, and more with no coding.
- Follow a detailed step by step course of action for a full website redesign regardless of which tools, platform, or theme is used to build it.
- Diagnose, tune-up, and supercharge your website so it performs better, generating more clicks, engagement, followers, subscribers, and sales 24 hours a day while you are off doing other things.
Who is the target audience?
- This course will help anyone thinking of redesigning their website, regardless of what tools or methods they are currently using.
- This course is especially helpful for those with a WordPress website who are also thinking of switching to a new theme.
- This course will help anyone thinking of trying out the new Divi theme from Elegant Themes decide if it might be the right choice.
- This course is ideal for artists, writers, and other creatives who manage their own online presence and who would like to more effectively showcase their talents and get more out of their websites.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to navigate the Divi theme on WordPress.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about the Divi theme in WordPress.
Welcome To This Website Extreme Makeover Course
What This Course Is And What It’s Not
Why Give Your Current Website A Makeover? Questions To Ask.
Downloadable Resource: Step By Step Divi Website Redesign Diary
Laying The Groundwork: Creating A Site Inventory And Navigation Chart
All About The Vibe: Considering The Look And Feel Of Your New Website
Previewing Potential Themes And Deciding Which To Use
Action Plan And Checklist: Let’s Get Set Up To Give Your Website A Makeover
First Thing’s First: Setting Up Essentials Like Your Logo And Favicon
Fixing And Adjusting Our Main Menu
Building A Beautiful New Home Page With Or Without The Divi Builder
How To Use Divi Builder And Loading A Pre-existing Template
Creating A Static Homepage And Losing The Blog Format
Making A Gorgeous Slider
Final Slider And End Of Day One: Check In And Progress So Far
Double Check Your General WordPress Settings And Add Social Media Url’s
Customize Your Colors, Fonts, Spacing, Sizes, And Buttons
Continuing Our Homepage Redesign: The Divi Blurb Module
The Divi Fullwidth Portfolio Slider Module
Using The Divi Image Module
Using The Divi Testimonial Module
Divi’s Newsletter Signup Form Module
Divi’s About Page Template And Some Cool Number Counter Features
The Divi Contact Page Template
Adjusting Your Widgets And Sidebar
Bloom: The Elegant Theme Plugin For Opt-in Forms
Monarch: The Elegant Theme Plugin For Social Sharing
Your Blog Section: Using The Divi Builder Or The Default Editor? (A Case Study)
How To Use Color Psychology To Boost Your Website: Case Study
75+ Resources To Get Free Images, Music, And Videos For Your Projects
Updating Divi To The Newest Version. Several Options.
Easily Customize Your Footer
Taking The Visual Builder For A Spin Plus- Don’t Forget To Clear Your Cache!
More Easy Editing With The Visual Builder
Update: Visual Builder 2020
Conclusion: Reflections After Redesigning My Website: Is It Better Than Before?
No Reviews found for this course.