About This Course
A new version of this course, Ultimate Ableton Live 10, is also available on SkillSuccess.
For years I’ve been teaching Ableton Live in the college classroom. As a University Professor, my classes are sought after, and, frankly, expensive. I believe Ableton Live can be learned by anyone, and cost shouldn’t be a barrier. This class uses the same outline and syllabus I’ve used in my college classes for years, at a fraction of the cost.
This is Part 6: DJ Techniques & Controllers
In this class, we are going to focus on using Ableton Live for DJing and Performing. I’m assuming that you already know your way around Ableton Live pretty well, and now you want to take your techniques to the stage. In this class, I’ll walk you through all the basics of using controllers, Audio Effect Racks, and some other tricks.
Also in the class, I have a really special surprise. I’ve invited my friend James Patrick to show some of his techniques as well. James is a DJ that has toured the world and is known internationally for his engaging performances. He is going to be IN this class and has contributed several exclusive videos for this class.
- Audio Effect Racks
- Using Effect Rack Presets
- Building our own Effect Racks
- Parallel Processing
- Fade To Grey
- Performance Racks
- Controllers and Controllerism
- MIDI Mapping
- The Ableton Push Interface
- The APC40 Interface
- Follow Actions
- Legato Mode
- Launch Modes
- Launching Clips in Performance
- Effects Setup for Performance
- The Crossfader
- Mapping Controllers for Performance
- … And much more!!!
I will be making 6 (six!) complete classes in order to bring you the most comprehensive manual on Ableton Live production techniques ever created. Each class has Sets, sessions, and experiments for you to try on your own and follow along with.
J. Anthony Allen is an Ableton Certified Trainer and a Ph.D. in Music Composition and master of Electronic Sounds. His music has been heard internationally in film, radio, video games, and industrial sound, as well as the concert hall and theater.
He currently acts as an adjunct professor of composition at the University of St. Thomas, Macphail Academy of Music, and the CEO of Slam Academy in Minneapolis.
Praise for other classes by J. Anthony Allen:
“I’ve had Live Lite for a while but never quite understood how to use it because of the different options in how to arrange audio. This course explains exactly how to do that and get the most out of Live.”
“Great overview – I would start here for sure if you are just getting your feet wet with live. clear and to the point. session walkthroughs are great. looking forward to more”
“I have never had any formal training in music at all. Trying to learn all the notes and how everything translated was a serious challenge. After going through this class, Dr. J has totally brought down the barriers. The content was very useful and was easy to grasp for me.”
What are the requirements?
- Taking Ultimate Ableton Live: Part 1 – The Interface & The Basics is a great place to start, but not required to get the most out of this course.
- Taking Ultimate Ableton Live: Part 2 – Recording & Warping is also great, but not required to get the most out of this course.
- Taking Ultimate Ableton Live: Part 3 – Producing & Editing is also great, but not required to get the most out of this course.
- Taking Ultimate Ableton Live: Part 4 – Synths & Samplers is also great, but not required to get the most out of this course.
- Taking Ultimate Ableton Live: Part 5 – Audio & MIDI Effects is also great, but not required to get the most out of this course.
- Access to Ableton Live will be required. Using the trial version (free for 30 days) would be a great way to start.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Produce music using Ableton Live
- Master using audio effect Racks for powerful multi-effects
- DJ and Perform music using Ableton Live
Who is the target audience?
- Students who want a comprehensive understanding of Ableton Live
- Anyone interested in producing tracks, beats, synths, or any other music on their own
- Students looking to understand the deeper levels of Ableton Live
- Anyone interested in DJing and performing
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have the knowledge about DJ techniques and controllers.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about DJ techniques and controllers.
|Section 1 - Course Overview|
|Section 2 - Audio Effect Racks|
|What Are Audio Effect Racks||00:00:00|
|Setting Up An Effect Rack||00:00:00|
|The Fade To Grey Example||00:00:00|
|Performance Effect Racks||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - Controllers|
|Welcome To The World Of Controllers!||00:00:00|
|The Ableton Push Interface||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Follow Actions|
|What Are Follow Actions||00:00:00|
|Setting Up Follow Actions||00:00:00|
|Section 5 - DJ Performance With Controllers|
|A Little Help From A Friend||00:00:00|
|Legato Mode And Launch Modes||00:00:00|
|Clip Launching And Setup For Performance||00:00:00|
|Effects Setup Overview||00:00:00|
|Setting Up Effects For Performance||00:00:00|
|Mapping And Controllers For Performance||00:00:00|
|Section 6 - More To Check Out|
|Extra Interesting Videos And Links||00:00:00|
|My Performance Setup||00:00:00|
|Section 7 - Wrap Up|
|Parting Thoughts, For Your Consideration||00:00:00|