Electric Power Metering For Single And Three Phase Systems
This course is designed for those interested to learn the basics of electric power metering and the physics of electrical power and the instrumentation involved in the measurement of single and three-phase power flow.
About This CourseBeginner
This course contains seven chapters which are based on the revenue type metering system found in utilities throughout the world which covers everything from single-phase supply (household at 120V to 140V) right up to a three-phase power supply (that would be putting up power into an industrial type load).
What you’ll learn:
- What is electric power
- Alternating Current and Direct Current power
- Voltage, Current, and Power Vectors (Phasors)
- Capacitive and Inductive Loads
- Real, Reactive and Apparent Power (Watts, Vars, VA)
- The dynamometer Wattmeter
- The energy meter
- Single-phase metering
- Instrument transformers
- 3-Wire, single-phase metering
- Polyphase energy meters
- 3-Wire, single-phase metering with Current and Potential Transformers
- Metering a 3 Phase 4 Wire Load (“Y” Connected)
- Metering a 3 Phase 3 Wire Load (Delta Connected)
- Measurement Canada standards
- Blondel’s theorem
- Phase and line relationship
Who this course is for:
- Electrical power systems managers, engineers, technologists, maintenance workers, students in engineering
- Anyone who wants to learn the power and energy measurement of a three-phase system.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned the electric power metering for single and three-phase systems.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about electric power metering.
Section 1 - Introduction
Basic Metering Introduction
Power & Energy
Single Phase Metering
Three Phase Metering
Cross Wattmeter Verification
No Reviews found for this course.