Resume Writing (CV) And LinkedIn Profile Optimization
This course is designed for those interested to learn how to write an effective resume and optimize their LinkedIn profile.
About This CourseBeginner
If you are ready for a change, a change in thinking, a change in your approach, and a change in your results (aka, a new job or career), then keep reading. This is unlike any other “Resume Writing” course out there! – I use data to “Flip-the-System” and get Recruiters to pursue YOU!
I increased my LinkedIn 90-Day Profile Views from 150 to over 400+ using the techniques taught in this course, and so can you!
First, you have to start thinking like a marketer or salesperson and view the job search as a series of stages. If you don’t succeed at any stage, then you won’t proceed to the next stage deeper in the process. Here is a simplified representation of the stages in the job search funnel:
- Drafting a Resume/LinkedIn Profile
- Appearing in Searches by Recruiters (or getting through ATS Bot filters for online Resume submissions)
- Getting Recruiters to click on/view your Profile or Resume
- Earning a communication inquiry from a Recruiter (e.g. email message and screening call)
- Interview with a hiring manager (multiple rounds possible here)
- Acceptance (includes negotiation)
We’ll divide these stages into two parts of the funnel: Top of Funnel (TOF) and Bottom of Funnel (BOF), with TOF encompassing steps #1-#4, and BOF including steps #5-#7.
So, where do you think makes the most sense to put your efforts first TOF of BOF? Below you’ll see a data-driven example that clearly surfaces where you need to put your focus first, and why it is a multiplier of your efforts.
But first, I want to respect your time and be totally transparent. If you are looking for an “all-in-one”(Resume, cover letter, LinkedIn, interview, negotiation course) then this course isn’t for you. WHY? Think of your job search as a funnel: you have to succeed at each step to improve your end conversion rate (did you get the job?). First, you need to optimize the “top” of your job search funnel; are you getting more INQUIRIES (aka “leads”). This is what your Resume and LinkedIn Profile deliver. Without fixing this FIRST, you can be the greatest interviewer, but it WON’T matter. Make sense?
If you agree, then you are starting to think like a digital marketer, and in this digital age, you HAVE TO think like a digital marketer to succeed. Your competitors and the Resume filter “bots” are already employing SEO (Search Engine Optimization) principles, without them you don’t have a chance. Let’s look at a simplified data-driven example around Recruiters’ interaction with your LinkedIn Profile:
Top of Funnel #2-#4 (Appearance in Searches, Profile Views, Inquiries) –> Bottom of Funnel #5 (Interviews)
Note: %’s indicate the conversion rate or what percent of Recruiters advance you to the next stage
1000 Recruiters x 20% Appearance in Searches (=200) x 20% Profile View AKA click-thru rate (=40) x 25% Inquiries (=10) x 10% Interviews (=1)
If you double the “Bottom of Funnel” Interview rate from 10% to 20%, by only focusing on your Interview skills, you now go from 1 to 2 interviews.
Instead, with this course, you improve the “Top of Funnel” first. For simplicity, we’ll say you get the same “double” improvement that we used for the “Bottom of Funnel” example above for “Top of Funnel” (e.g. 20% Appearance in Searches & Profile Views goes to 40%, 25% Inquiries goes to 50%):
1000 Recruiters x 40% Appearance in Searches (=400) x 40% Profile View AKA click-thru rate (=160) x 50% Inquiries (=80) x 10% Interviews (=8)
You now get 8 Interviews instead of 2. That’s a 400% increase!!! Clearly, focusing on Top of Funnel is a more urgent need and delivers 4x the results. Focus your time now on what will deliver the greatest results moving forward.
Objection: “But I want to improve my Interview skills first, so I won’t squander these additional opportunities.”
Why this is WRONG: Get started fixing your Resume/LinkedIn Profile FIRST, as it will take time to implement, THEN work on your Interview skills once you get the first iteration of your Fully Optimized Profile/Resume completed, which you’ll have by the end of this course. Rome wasn’t built in a day and neither will be your perfect Resume/Profile.
“Your actions speak so loudly, I can not hear what you are saying.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Understand the difference between what other Resume Writing courses “say” and look at the results that my actions have delivered over a 90-day period (the KPI LinkedIn uses):
1,070 Appearance in Searches! 436 Profile Views!!! (Do you know your 90-day metrics?)
If you aren’t getting anywhere near this volume of traffic, then you need this course!
Who am I?
I’m a data-driven marketer who implemented these same SEO (Search Engine Optimization) tactics into my Resume and LinkedIn Profile that I used as an acquisition marketer and the results were dramatic – up to three or more Recruiter contacts on some days, and I attracted and secured my then dream job as Head of Marketing at a FinTech startup. Here is what you can expect:
- Short, concise and digestible lessons built with the beginner in mind – I use definitions, not jargon
- Bite-size “Action Items” at the end of each lesson to ensure you make progress with just a few minutes of work
- Not just a Resume writing course – you will learn new search & internet marketing skills that will benefit you forever in any business online for the rest of your life
- Data-driven SEO approach delivers results (new way) – not anecdotes from a Recruiter (old way)
To clarify, I didn’t have to submit my Resume for mediocre roles, I had “cracked the code” and figured out how to get Recruiters to pursue ME for some incredible opportunities; I had “Flipped the System!” Granted, your new and improved fully optimized Resume will also get you more interviews for any jobs that you apply for online.
Employing these same principles, I have helped several people achieve these same results. Stop submitting Resumes into the “black hole” of online applications, where bots filter out upwards of 70% of Resumes due to a low relevancy score. Work smarter – appear at the top of Recruiters searches, entice Recruiters to click into your Profile, and pre-qualify yourself by wowing them with a thoughtfully crafted story of your successes. You’ll learn it all in this course.
At the end of this course you will learn how to have:
- A professional caliber Resume valued at $1,500 – bypass the filter bots and get more INQUIRIES
- A fully optimized LinkedIn Profile (or at least a good start on this iterative journey) – appear HIGHER in searches
- The confidence to research more Keywords that Recruiters are searching for – appear in MORE searches
- A memorable Tagline that will entice Recruiters to click on your Profile more often – increase Profile VIEWS
- A razor smart Profile/Resume that tells your career arc with success bullets – use DATA to get more INTERVIEWS (a recent survey of Recruiters on my “The Perfect Resume” blog series surfaced this as the #1 most important Resume element).
“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” – Albert Einstein
Stop the insanity of conducting your job search the same way you’ve been doing for years. Sign-up for “Flip-the-System,” start working smarter, getting better results, and let’s build the future you want, one “Action Item” at a time!
What are the requirements?
- Students will need a pc/mac with access to a browser & word processor (Microsoft Word or comparable)
- Students will need a desire to improve their resume and job search experience using the latest methods
What am I going to get from this course?
- Digital Marketing & Search Engine Optimization (SEO) principles that LinkedIn (and Google) employee to rank search results (like your LinkedIn Profile) that will benefit you FOREVER!
- How to research the highest-value KEYWORDS that Recruiters use to search for you, and where to find even more Keywords so that you appear in MANY, MANY MORE searches by Recruiters
- Where to place Keywords to appear HIGHER in searches than your peers
- The 3 unforgettable elements in your TAGLINE that guarantee Recruiters click into your Profile EVERY time
- The one type of Keyword that can drive a 33% INCREASE in views (that most people aren’t using)
- KPIs you absolutely need to be monitoring to track and improve your job search performance
- How to avoid your Resume getting caught in the “bots” that filter out up to 70% of online applications
- Turn your work history into a compelling CAREER ARC STORY that makes your target job the obvious next step
- The PERFECT Resume format and length that suits your # of years of experience, skills and target industry
- Why you MUST quantify your successes and where to put them for maximum impact (#1 Recruiter request in my “Recruiter Round-up Survey”)
- Get the job you want to pursue YOU!
Who is the target audience?
- Time-strapped PROFESSIONALS who know they need to update their Resume (but haven’t gotten around to it) and want to put in the least amount of time to get their LinkedIn Profile performing better
- BUSINESS PROFESSIONALS who want to move up the corporate ladder, get a new job, and make more money in their job
- COLLEGE and HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS, & SERVICE PROFESSIONALS who want to craft a compelling Resume and LinkedIn Profile with little previous experience
- Anyone who wants their LinkedIn Profile to work for them generating a passive stream of opportunity inquiries
- PASSIVE JOB SEEKERS who want to survey their market worth, build a network of Recruiters, and see what types of opportunities their skills attract
- Active job seekers who need to drive SERIOUS RESULTS in the shortest amount of time possible
- People considering a career change or who want to earn more in their career
- Anyone who wants to “Flip-the-System” and have Recruiters pursue them!
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to write an effective resume and optimize your LinkedIn profile.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about writing an effective resume and LinkedIn profile optimization.
Introduction: Data And “Action Items” – It’s Why This Course Is Different
Tracking Your Baseline “90-Day Profile Views” On LinkedIn
Create A Job Search Funnel
2x Your Profile Views With This One Change
The Hat Trick Of Job Search “SEO”
Bonus Item: Resources
Job Listing Sites You Should Know
Keywords That Recruiters LOVE!
Three Elements Of An Unforgettable Tagline
Photos That Speak 1,000 Keywords
Gone In 6 Seconds: Intros That Captivate Recruiters
Work History That Works For You
Bonus Item: Resources
Your $1,500 Professional Resume Unleashed
Skills, Verticals, Software And Tools
Accomplishments: It’s OK To Brag…A Little
To Endorse Or Not To Endorse
Your Intellectual Trophy Case
Recommendations: Give To Get
Recommendations Worth Recommending
Buzzwords: 1 Word = 33% Increase In Profile Views
Groups, Influencers And Companies: You Are The Company You Keep
Profile Strength: 100% Complete Or Die
Connections: We Get By With A Little Help From 500 Friends
Watch The Watchers To Win
Your Analytics: You Achieve What You Measure
Your Content Makes You King
Closing: Our End Is Your Beginning
Final Action Item