About This CourseBeginner
For years I’ve been teaching Music Production in the college classroom. These classes I’m making online uses the same syllabus I’ve used in my college classes for years, at a fraction of the cost. I believe anyone can learn Music Production – and cost shouldn’t be a barrier.
Recently I was named as a semi-finalist for the Grammy Foundation’s Music Educator of the Year award because of my in-person university classes. Now I’m taking those classes online in order to reach more students.
In this class we will focus on the newest Logic Pro X software. Some people like to think of this as “Garage Band Pro”, and it many ways it is. But there is a lot more to it than that. Logic Pro X is a full-featured program, but it isn’t without it’s limitations.
I’ll walk you through what those are, some ways you can deal with them, and how to use the program to produce and/or record your music.
In this class, we will cover:
- Differences between Logic Pro X versions
- Purchasing Logic Pro X – The Cheap way!
- Installing and Setting up Logic Pro X
- Creating a Project
- The Arrange Area
- The Editing Area
- The Transport Bar
- The Inspector Area
- Media and Event Lists
- The Mixer
- Using Apple Loops
- Beat Sync with Apple Loops
- Adding a Bass Line
- Adding Synth Tracks
- Preparing for Mixing
- Audio Effects
- Built-in EQ
- Audio Recording Setup
- Recording Instruments
- MIDI Recording Setup
- Recording MIDI Tracks
- SoundCloud and uploading elsewhere
- …and much, much more!
What are the requirements?
- You should have access to a Mac computer.
- If you don’t have a copy of Logic Pro X yet, that’s ok! I’ll walk you through how to find the best deal.
What am I going to get from this course?
- And the end of this course, students will be able to produce music with Logic Pro X.
- We will make a complete track (song) in the class, and if you follow along, you will have a song done by the end!
Who is the target audience?
- Anyone interested in learning Logic Pro X
- Anyone with experience in GarageBand that wants to make their production more professional.
- Anyone with experience in another audio program that wants to check out the features of Logic Pro X.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned about the basics of Logic Pro X.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and develop your music production skills.
Section 1 - Welcome To Logic Pro X!
What Is Logic Pro X?
What Separates Logic From Pro Tools, Ableton And FL Studio
Getting Logic For Cheaper Than Retail
Installing Logic Pro X
Section 2 - The Logic Interface
Creating A Project
The Logic Interface
The Arrange Area
The Editing Area
The Transport Bar
The Inspector Area
Media And Event Lists
Section 3 - Exploring Logic And Apple Loops
What Are Apple Loops?
Beat Sync With Apple Loops
Adding A Bass Line
Adding A Synth And Finishing The Arrangement
Section 4 - Navigation In Logic
Navigation Overview And Tips
Navigation Key Commands
Setting A Loop Area
More Tools And The Toolbar
Cut, Copy, And Paste Functions
Section 5 - Mixing And Effects
Preparing For Mixing
The Built-In EQ
Section 6 - Recording
Audio Recording Settings And Hardware
Setting Up Your Inputs
MIDI Recording Settings And Hardware
Recording Instrument And MIDI Tracks
Section 7 - Exporting
What Is Exporting or Bouncing?
Export Options And Settings
Section 8 - Wrap Up
The Track We Just Made