This course is designed for those interested to learn the basics of using the manual mode of a camera, how to use the aperture, shutter speed, and ISO to control photographs, how to use the exposure meter effectively, and the techniques of using the aperture and shutter speed to capture creative photographs.Read more.
Kevin Landwer-Johan Photographer/Author/Teacher A New Zealander living in northern Thailand Professional and passionate since the 1980s
Only want this course? Buy this course for
$199 $29 and keep lifetime access.
About This Course
Who this course is for:
- Beginners to intermediate level photographers.
- Anyone wanting to learn new techniques that will improve your photography.
- This course is for anyone who has been using their camera in the automatic modes and wants to learn how to control it using Manual Mode.
- This course is for anyone wanting to learn more about how their camera functions so they can use it more creatively.
- This course is for people wanting to take more creative, eye-catching photographs
- This course is for anyone wanting to get serious about earning money with their photography
- People who want to overcome the frustration of knowing your camera is good enough to produce high-quality photos but is struggling to make them.
- People who own a DSLR and are not fully confident using it
- People who own a mirrorless camera and are not fully confident using it
What you’ll learn:
- Be confident in controlling their camera using manual settings to adjust the exposure.
- Have a good understanding of the basic function of their camera
- Understand how to use the exposure meter
- Understand different lighting conditions and how these impact photography
- Understand how their camera ‘sees’ compared to how our eyes see (and why this is important)
- You will need a camera with Manual Mode – believe it or not, that’s most cameras… even the one on your smartphone because there are many apps available to enable Manual Mode on your phone camera.
- You will need a desire to learn some technical stuff. It may seem like a big step to take if you are only using the Auto modes on your camera, but with the solid teaching I offer from over 30 years of experience, clear illustrations and in-depth exercises and assignments, you can master manual mode!
- You will need a computer to view and compare the photos you will be taking during this course.
- You will need to know how to view the metadata of your photos. There are many programs and apps that will let you do this (too many to show you on each one.)
- A tripod will be helpful but is not essential
Do you want to start taking better, more creative photos? This is the best course for you. During this course, I’ll teach you to understand your camera so you can achieve more creative, satisfying results. Completing the course will take you longer than the one and a half hours of video lessons because I’ve also included comprehensive assignments for each of the 20+ lessons. Each assignment will take at least half an hour or more, depending on how much you want to put into it.
The videos are full of footage of me working, photographs we’ve taken, graphic overlays and animations, all demonstrating what I am teaching. There are pages and pages of pdf files accompanying the lessons with further information and assignments designed to help you put it all into practice and gain experience. There are also a number of quizzes throughout the course, so you can easily assess your own progress. And if you have questions, feel free to send an inquiry.
In this course, I’ll teach you to take control of your camera and creativity the way I have – by using the Manual Mode on your camera. I find most people we teach in our workshops don’t know how their camera works or how they can really control it to create more interesting photographs. They’ve had their cameras set on one of the many auto modes and wonder why the results are not so pleasing.
In this course, I’ll teach you to understand the three ways of controlling your exposure – using the aperture, shutter speed, and ISO so that you can be in control of how your photos look, rather than your camera being in control of the results. I’ll demonstrate how to effectively use the exposure meter to capture images that look the way you want them to, and I’ll teach you techniques to use the aperture and shutter speed to achieve truly creative photographs.
This course is presented in a concise manner. We live busy lives and, personally, I prefer a course of teaching which is focused and clear on the points being made rather than one that contains little useful information padded out to make the course seem of greater value than it really is. The aim of delivering the teaching in short modules is so that those who do not understand the lesson the first time can easily go back and watch the video again, read the accompanying PDF files, and complete the assignments. This way, you will learn through my teaching and your own experimenting, practice, and experience. After all, if you do not pick up your camera frequently and practice what you are learning, you will not develop as a creative photographer.
I do not use much camera jargon and keep my language simple, so it’s easy to understand if English is not your first language. I asked a Thai friend to check over some of the assignments as I was writing them to make sure they were easy enough to understand. As she read through them, her main feedback was, “This is much easier to read and understand than an academic textbook.” She could follow them through and understand without difficulty.
I’ve been a professional photographer since the 1980s, with a background as a photojournalist and freelancer covering everything from international sports events, corporate portfolios, weddings, travel, and much more. My wife and I have taught hundreds of people in the photo workshops we run in Chiang Mai, Thailand. I am a self-taught photographer and teach from my many years of experience.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to use the manual mode of your camera.
10 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about the skills to master your camera.
|Section 1 - Course Lessons|
|Manual Mode: Why Bother||00:00:00|
|Understanding How Your Digital Camera Makes Photographs||00:00:00|
|The Exposure Meter: How Does It Work Part 1||00:00:00|
|Using the Camera’s Monitor To Determine Your Exposure||00:00:00|
|The Exposure Triangle: An Introduction||00:00:00|
|Setting The ISO||00:00:00|
|Setting The Shutter Speed||00:00:00|
|Setting The Aperture||00:00:00|
|Balancing The Exposure Triangle||00:00:00|
|The Exposure Meter: How Does It Work Part 2||00:00:00|
|Using The Histogram And Highlights||00:00:00|
|Section 2 Conclusion||00:00:00|
|Getting Creative With Shutter Speed||00:00:00|
|What Is Depth Of Field||00:00:00|
|Getting Creative With Aperture||00:00:00|
|Getting Well Focused Photos||00:00:00|
|White Balance for the Right Colors||00:00:00|
|Image Quality RAW Or JPG||00:00:00|
|Make Back Lighting Work For You||00:00:00|
|Exposing Right In Low Light||00:00:00|
|Dealing With High Contrast||00:00:00|
How To Master Your Camera
The course is very informative. The instructor only used technical terms when it was required and it was easy to follow along.
GREETINGS AND BLESSINGS... FROM THE AMERICA´S HEART!!! EL SALVADOR!!!
GREAT MASTER COURSE, SIR!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR WAY OF TEACHING.
How To Master Your Camera!
IT IS INTERESTING TO LEARN FROM EXPERTS LIKE YOU.
YOUR EXPLANATIONS ARE SIMPLE, ACCURATE AND TO THE POINT.
THANKS AGAIN FOR SHARING YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE!
ALL OF YOUR SUGGESTIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS MUST BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT.