About This Courseintermediate
For years I’ve been teaching Ableton Live in the college classroom. As a University Professor, my classes are sought after, and, frankly, expensive. I believe Ableton Live can be learned by anyone, and cost shouldn’t be a barrier. This class uses the same outline and syllabus I’ve used in my college classes for years, at a fraction of the cost.
This is Part 3: Producing & Editing
This is a really deep class – tons of content, tricks, and tips. I’m giving you SIX sessions to play around with. One of them (the first one) is even a finished, published complete track of mine. We are going to be covering how to produce using Ableton Live, starting from working with clips and going all the way up to some advanced production techniques.
- Key Mapping
- Reversing Clips
- Time Signatures Changes (session and arrangement)
- Meter Changes (session and arrangement)
- Adding harmony
- Working with vocal samples
- Creating beats
- Working with one-shots
- Slice to MIDI for beat production
- Drum racks (!)
- Recording/Writing Drum grooves
- Layering Synths
- Freezing & Flattening
- Audio Effectfects
- Routing & Bussing
- …and much more!
I will be making 6 (six!) complete classes in order to bring you the most comprehensive manual on Ableton Live production techniques ever created. Each class has Sets, sessions, and experiments for you to try on your own and follow along with.
J. Anthony Allen is an Ableton Certified Trainer and a Ph.D. in Music Composition and master of Electronic Sounds. His music has been heard internationally in film, radio, video games, and industrial sound, as well as the concert hall and theater.
He is currently an adjunct professor of composition at the University of St. Thomas, Macphail Academy of Music, and the CEO of Slam Academy in Minneapolis.
Praise for other classes by J. Anthony Allen:
“Dr. Allen does it again with his music theory for electronic musicians series. This course really opened up everything I learned from the 1st section and now I understand more about the composition side of things for music. I highly highly recommend this course to anyone!!! Really opened my eyes to many things I wasn’t aware of.”
“The Best Teacher ever, who makes you understand the ins & outs of Music Theory by all mean without giving what you don’t want to know.”
“I have never had any formal training in music at all. Trying to learn all the notes and how everything translated was a serious challenge. After going thru this class, Dr. J has totally brought down the barriers. The content was very useful and was easy to grasp for me.”
What are the requirements?
- Taking Ultimate Ableton Live: Part 1 – The Interface & The Basics is a great place to start, but not required to get the most out of this course.
- Taking Ultimate Ableton Live: Part 3 – Recording & Warping is also great, but not required to get the most out of this course.
- Access to Ableton Live will be required. Using the trial version (free for 30 days) would be a great way to start.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Produce music using Ableton Live
- Use drum samples to edit, arrange, and create unique drum beats of your own.
- Work inside Ableton Live for completing full tracks
- Kickstart your productions with my tracks – full sessions included in this class!
Who is the target audience?
- Students who want a comprehensive understanding of Ableton Live
- Anyone interested in producing tracks, beats, synths, or any other music on their own
- Students looking to understand the deeper levels of Ableton Live
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have the knowledge about music production and editing.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about music production and editing.
Arrangement View Editing: Overview
Clips: Moving, Copying, Reversing
Time Signature Changes
Downloading And Uploading Sessions
SESSION: Here Is That Track I Was Working On!
Session View Editing: Overview
Setting Up Loops
Tempo Changes In Session View
Meter Changes In Session View
Adding Harmony And Basslines
Back To Arrangement Button
Recording To Arrangement View
SESSION: Here Is The SESSION I Was Working On For You To Download And Play With!
Working With Loops
Chopping Up Loops
Slice To New MIDI Track
Working With Drum Racks
Creating Your Own Drum Racks
Recording / Writing Drum Racks
SESSION: Another SESSION For You To Use For Experimenting!
Producing With Synths: Overview
Freezing And Flattening
SESSION: Here Is That SESSION – Two This Time!
Working With Effects: Overview
Basic Audio Effects
Advanced Production Techniques: Overview
Routing And Bussing
SESSION: Last One!
Thanks And Wrap Up!
Part 4: Synths And Samplers