About This CourseBeginner
Are you interested in learning about the psychology of older age adults? Do you want to know better about their needs, goals and to understand them with ease?
Whether you are building your professional career as a carer or a psychologist, or you want to learn how to care for your elderly relative in your own home, you are in the right place.
In this course you will take 23 informative lectures where you will find out many interesting aspects:
- What is Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, and what is the difference between the two
- How we stereotype older people and how it affects them
- What is developmental psychology
- Substance abuse in older people
- How to improve health in older age
- When is it too late to exercise and eat healthier
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn about ‘old age’ psychology
- Anyone who is interested in various topics related to psychology
- Anyone who is planning their career in psychology
- Anyone who is looking after the elderly and would like to learn theories of old age
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned the psychology of old age and understand elderly needs with ease.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about psychology of old age.
Section 1 - Introduction
About Your Tutor
About Your Course
Section 2 - Introduction To Psychology Of Older Age
What Is “Developmental Psychology”?
What Is “Gerontology”?
What We Consider As “Old Age”
What Is “Ageing” And How It Happens
Section 3 - Psychology Of Older Age
Common Stereotypes Of Older People
Life Stages And Theories
What Do We Look Forward To In Our Older Age?
Section 4 - Mental Health And Old Age
Alzheimer’s Disease And Dementia
Chronic Illness And Disabilities
Substance Abuse (Addictions)
Section 5 - The Quality Of Life
What Is “Quality Of Life”?
Loneliness Factors In The Elderly Population
Coping With Grief And Bereavement
“Mild” And “Severe” Depression
Fear Of Dying (Death Anxiety)
Section 6 - Improving Health And Wellbeing
The Effects Of Exercising
Is It Worth Eating “Healthy” In Older Age?
What Else Affects “Health” And “Wellbeing”?
Caring For Older People
Thank You And Good Bye!
No Reviews found for this course.