Learn how to easily turn any photograph into a realistic portrait with my portrait painting process.Read more.
Hello, I'm Darren Yeo, a watercolour artist and teacher based in Melbourne, Australia. I am the founder of one of the largest watercolour learning communities, "Watercolour Mentor". My work features predominantly natural landscapes, urban streetscapes, and portraiture in watercolor medium. Watercolours are special to me because there is a sense of finality once an area has dried – you can’t erase or go over that area to ‘fix’ it. You need to accept and work with what is there. To lea
Only want this course? Buy this course for
$199 $29 and keep lifetime access.
About This Course
Who this course is for:
- Students learning watercolor portraiture
- Students learning watercolor
- Beginner watercolor students
What you’ll learn:
- How to sketch and paint 6 different portraits, based on 6 reference photos.
- How to use the grid technique to transfer a photo of a portrait onto watercolor paper.
- How to quickly draw faces from a reference photograph freehand.
- How to paint subjects in various poses and lighting conditions.
- How to draw a portrait in pencil using two simple methods.
- How to layer paints to add color and details.
- My two step process in painting a watercolor portrait – keeping colors fresh and vibrant.
- How to use essential watercolor techniques in the context of portraiture, such as wet-in-wet and wet-on-dry.
- How to determine a light source, and the correct use of values in painting.
- What essential paints, paper, brushes and drawing materials you will need.
- No prior knowledge is required to take this course
Learn the easy way to create watercolor portraits from any photograph!
I’m Darren from Watercolour Mentor and I’d like to welcome you to ‘How To Paint Watercolor Portraits’!
Portrait painting is challenging! Especially challenging for beginners. By the end of this class, you will be able to easily turn any photograph into a realistic portrait with my portrait painting process and be able to show off your vibrant portraits to your friends and family!
This is a feature packed class, and I have included many demonstrations to provide you more opportunities to learn how to paint different subjects.
So if you’re ready to boost your portraiture skills, join me in this class and let’s have some fun!
Note: All reference photographs, painting scans and pencil sketches are included under the ‘Materials Required’ lecture.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned watercolor portraiture.
10 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today!
|Section 1 - Introduction|
|Introduction: What Will I Get From This Course?||00:00:00|
|Course Resources – Watercolor Portraits||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - Drawing Your Portrait|
|Freehand Drawing Lesson||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - Painting Your Portraits In Watercolor|
|Ballerina – Part 1||00:00:00|
|Ballerina – Part 2||00:00:00|
|Ballerina – Part 3||00:00:00|
|Portrait 2 – Part 1||00:00:00|
|Portrait 2 – Part 2||00:00:00|
|Portrait 2 – Part 3||00:00:00|
|Portrait 5 – Part 1||00:00:00|
|Portrait 5 – Part 2||00:00:00|
|Portrait 6 – Part 1||00:00:00|
|Portrait 6 – Part 2||00:00:00|