About This CourseBeginner
Latest update – May 2020
This quick and dirty course will help you make original, custom digital paintings and illustrations using Adobe Photoshop (or any similar program) that look professional and can be used online, in videos and animations, or for print purposes such as on a poster, letterhead, even a T-shirt or other products.
*Please note that free 30-day trial versions of Photoshop are available for download from Adobe’s website.
Save money making your own unique digital images and illustrations (and stop paying others to do them for you) and develop skills that can help you start making money creating professional-looking images for others. You can also use these simple techniques to make unique images and illustrations as free gifts for friends and family.
You also don’t need to know how to draw. There are actually a HUGE number of graphic designers who CAN NOT draw… but they make up for it by using techniques like the ones in this course and naturally, learning more about layout design, composition, color, typography, and other fundamentals of visual literacy.
You can decide how much time you will spend on each image which will then affect your end results. As you do more and more, you can be cranking these out in a matter of minutes and could actually make a little illustration/digital painting business creating these for others on websites like Fiverr, Elance, and other freelancing websites.
What Students Are Saying:
“A great course by a great instructor. It was amazing to see the making of an image, with all the techniques, attention to detail, and also to hear the thinking process behind each decision. I found it stimulating and inspiring.” -Robin Scanlon
I’m a practicing award-winning multimedia artist and a former tenured Associate Professor of Digital Media and Program Director of Film & Digital Media at The American University of Rome (2006-2016). I’m currently a Visiting Associate Professor of Digital Media at the brand new American University of Myanmar in Yangon, Myanmar (Burma).
Since 2000 I’ve been teaching students all over the world using my tried and true custom approach (turning complex information into something simple, memorable, easy-to-understand in as short amount of time as possible) to ensure that you get the most important, relevant, and useful information that can be applied immediately.
What are the requirements?
- Bring an open mind, a willingness to learn new tricks, and a copy of Photoshop. Free trial versions are also available at Adobe’s site.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Create powerful digital images that can be displayed online or in print, presented as unique gifts, or as part of your own freelance design business.
- Harness the power of intelligent brush and eraser tools to mimic the unique qualities of paint on the computer.
- Understand how to create effective images that use original or copyright-free photographs as a starting point.
- Gain intermediate to advanced illustration skills based on simple tools and easy to learn techniques
- Have a solid understanding of basic digital painting methods to create images used as stills or later in multimedia and animated projects.
Who is the target audience?
- This course is for anyone looking to add new tricks and techniques to their art making toolbelt.
- This course is for traditional artists who would like to learn to make digital work, illustrators, as well as so-called “non-creatives” who think they “can’t draw.”
- This is NOT an in-depth Photoshop course. A selection of tools and techniques are discussed in depth for creating digital paintings but this course doesn’t cover EVERY feature available in Photoshop.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to do a digital painting using Photoshop.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about digital painting using Photoshop.
How To Get The Most Out Of This Course
What Sorts Of Digital Paintings Can You Make In Photoshop? Let Us Count The Ways
Learn Or Review Setting Up A New File And Choosing Important Document Settings
Get The Rundown On Important Windows, Tools, And Brushes In Photoshop
Introducing My Good Friend The Mixer Brush Tool
Not Your Average Eraser. Painterly Ways To Use This Common Tool In Photoshop
Start By Choosing An Image To Work With
Ready? Let’s Start By Placing A Photo, Modyfying It, And Saving As
Time To Add Our Underpainting. Let’s Roll.
Now Let’s Add An Overpainting (You Can Have As Many Of These As You Want)
Line It Up! Adding A Black Line Drawing Layer To The Mix
Deconstruction Time. Erase And Eat Into The Original Photograph
Polishing And Finishing Up: Using Sponge, Dodge, And Burn Tools To Finalize
Advanced Illustration Techniques (Children’s Book Case Study)
Under The Hood: Inside A Lori Leak Illustration (Case Study)
How To Easily Cut, Paste, And Collage Photos Into Your Images In Photoshop
Extra: Take Your Best Digital Paintings And Start Selling Them Online (Case Study)
Extra: Link Your Online Store To Your Website And Social Media Pages
75+ Places To Find Free Images, Music, And Videos For Your Projects
Music Credits From Section 3 (*Kevin Macleod Rules The World!)
Update: Timelapse Painting
Thank You For Taking This Course!