This course is designed for those interested in learning how to set up your podcast.Read more.
An online courses community for people interested in creating a meaningful life through learning things you care about.
Only want this course? Buy this course for
$199 $29 and keep lifetime access.
About This Course
Who this course is for:
- No previous experience with Podcasting is required
- If you have ever wondered how to create a Podcast, this course will show you fun, easy ways to Podcast
- Future Podcast Hosts and Executive Producers
- If you have a message you want to share with the world, this course is for you
- Ideal for speakers, coaches, authors, NGO’s/Non-Profits, Small Businesses, SOHO, Solopreneurs and local businesses
- Especially good for Udemy instructors who want more students
- If you want to create a new source of leads for your business
- We start with the basics: How to set up your podcast, how to record your MP3, publish your first Podcast episode, etc. Then move into more advanced topics, such as: Growing your audience with YouTube, etc. How to be more effective with your voice.
What you’ll learn:
- Learn How to Make a Podcast
- Publish a new episode in less than 15 minutes (not including recording and editing time)
- Set up your own popular Podcast show
- The Secret to Ranking on iTunes, the 800 Pound Gorilla of Podcasting
- Discover How iTunes and Apple can Send Millions of Podcast Listeners to Your Show
- Discover How to Build a Fanatic Following of Fabulous Friends
- How to Choose the Right Microphone For Your Show
- How to Conduct Interviews Across the Globe
- A strong desire to learn how to start a podcast.
- You should be familiar with your computer and where you store or organize your files, particularly your MP3 recordings for your podcast
- You should have a basic understanding of the Internet, how to find web sites, send email, fill out forms.
- All instructions are done on a Macbook Pro. If you have a PC, most instructions for Podcasting are the same. Only instructions on editing audios may differ.
- It is very helpful to know what topic you want to podcast on. This course does not get into how to pick a topic for your show.
- It does go into how to find popular topics in your niche to discuss. You decide what your show is about. I show you how to never run out of things to talk about.
Learn Podcasting with a Podcast Pioneer and Host/Executive Producer of over 40 different Podcasts! Everything you need to get started and a lot more…
Liberated Syndication (libsyn) pioneered the system to host and publish podcasts in 2004. And since then has grown to the largest leading network with over 2.6 billion downloads in 2014. Libsyn hosts over 25,000 shows with 44 million monthly audience members.
Use podcasting as a way to position yourself as THE Expert, build relationships, grow their influence, increase sales, and change the world.
What is a Podcast? It is audio or video shows, that when you subscribe to them, are automatically updated on your Computer, Smartphones, iPads, Tablets, and/or iPods. Think of them as free radio or TV shows which you deliver Spam-Free! directly to your audience every time you produce one.
Podcasting is bigger than you think. When we survey people who listen to free, commercial-free audio Podcasts at least once a month: we discover an interesting fact: Online Radio beats AM/FM Radio, streaming audio, CD’s, TV Music channels, & Sirius!
By following the short, simple, easy-to-follow lectures, you will be able to work through the process of setting up your show and publishing your first episode quickly.
Take this course today and learn how to set up your podcast.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to set up your podcast.
10 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn how to set up your podcast!
About the Instructor:
Scott Paton has been podcasting since the spring of 2005. He has executive produced and/or co-hosted over 35 podcasts. An internationally renowned speaker, Scott has presented to audiences from London, England to Sydney, Australia, from Vancouver, BC to New York, NY, from LA to Rwanda. Thousands of entrepreneurs and NGO’s have changed their public engagement strategies based on Scott’s sharing. We hope you will, too!
In late 2014, one of his clients inspired him to make a video course on Podcasting. After his course went live, Scott told his clients and many decided to make courses but needed help, so he has become a co-instructor with them, while continuing to support and build his own courses. His co-topics all include areas of life-long learning by Scott, including Stock Options Trading, Alternative Health, EFT, and Relationships.
|Section 1 - What Is Podcasting And Why Should You Podcast?|
|What Is Podcasting?||00:00:00|
|Why Should You Podcast?||00:00:00|
|One Billion Podcast Subscribers||00:00:00|
|A Podcast Icon On 650 Mobile Million Devices||00:00:00|
|Podcasts And New Cars||00:00:00|
|Podcasts Are Forever||00:00:00|
|The “10,000 Hours” Lie||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - Setting Up Your Podcast Show|
|Scott’s Power Podcast Hosting Solution||00:00:00|
|Set Up Your Podcast Host/Producer Information||00:00:00|
|Set Up Your Podcast Show||00:00:00|
|Title, Description And Popular Keywords For Your Show||00:00:00|
|Podcast Album Art||00:00:00|
|Save Time Making Episodes – Use Snippets!||00:00:00|
|Editing Snippet Title, Show Title And Episode Titles||00:00:00|
|What To Do If You Have A Problem With MPW||00:00:00|
|Power Podcast Worksheet: Your Checklist Before Starting Your Podcast||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - Creating Your MP3 Audio For Your Podcast|
|Recording Audio Options: Microphones||00:00:00|
|My Newest Microphone: The Blue Yeti||00:00:00|
|Intros And Extros||00:00:00|
|Using Skype To Conduct Interviews Around The World||00:00:00|
|Using Call Recorder To Record Audio On Skype (Mac Only)||00:00:00|
|Using Garageband To Edit Your Podcast Audios||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Setting Up Your First Podcast Episode|
|Decide On Your Episode Topic(s)||00:00:00|
|Post Your First Power Podcast Episode||00:00:00|
|Original Raw, Unedited Hangout With Mark Timberlake (Part One Of Two)||00:00:00|
|Original Raw, Unedited Hangout With Mark Timberlake (Part Two Of Two)||00:00:00|
|Finished Audio Podcast Of Mark And Scott’s Hangout||00:00:00|
|Power Podcast Episode Worksheet||00:00:00|
|Section 5 - Submitting Your Power Podcast To iTunes And Google Play Podcast Directories|
|What’s An RSS Feed?||00:00:00|
|Tour Of iTunes||00:00:00|
|Advanced Bonus Lecture: Feedburner For Power Podcasters||00:00:00|
|Submit Your RSS Feed To iTunes||00:00:00|
|Submit To Google’s Podcast Directory||00:00:00|
|Section 6 - Podcast Marketing Basics|
|Podcasts Are Permanent||00:00:00|
|Publicize Your Power Podcast On YouTube, Facebook And Twitter||00:00:00|
|Podcast Success Story – 400,000 Downloads||00:00:00|
|Social Media And Google Plus: A Conversation With Mark Timberlake Part 1||00:00:00|
|Social Media And Google Plus: A Conversation With Mark Timberlake Part 2||00:00:00|
|Podcasting: The Power Networking Tool 1||00:00:00|
|Podcasting: The Power Networking Tool 2||00:00:00|
|Section 7 - Power Voice Coaching|
|The Power Of Your Voice||00:00:00|
|Put Your Best Voice Forward 1 (Plus Audio Download)||00:00:00|
|Put Your Best Voice Forward 2 (Plus Audio Download)||00:00:00|
|Put Your Best Voice Forward 3 (Plus Audio Download)||00:00:00|
|Section 8 - Q And A And Podcasting News|
|How Did I Make That Selfie Video Look So Good?||00:00:00|
|Student Question About Email And Podcasting||00:00:00|
|Other Podcast Hosting Options||00:00:00|
|Section 9 - Alternative Podcast Hosting: Libsyn|
|What Is Libsyn?||00:00:00|
|Can You ‘Charge’ Listeners For Your Show? Yes!||00:00:00|
|Libsyn Sign Up Process||00:00:00|
|Setting Up Your Show||00:00:00|
|Formatting Your RSS Feed And iTunes Submission||00:00:00|
|Posting Your First Episode||00:00:00|
|Libsyn PDF Podcast 101 Workbook||00:00:00|
|Section 10 - Podcast Outsourcing|
|Outsourcing With PodAssist||00:00:00|
|Bonus Lecture: Done For You Podcasting And Write A Bestseller At The Same Time||00:00:00|
Great source of inspiration and information.