About This Course
Who is the target audience?
- Anyone interested in analyzing data
- Anyone who doesn’t know how to start gathering data
- Anyone who wants to develop their ability to scrape data
- Anyone interested in starting with web scraping
- Anyone who is interested in expanding their Python knowledge
- Anyone who wants to gather a wide array of data to play with
What will I learn?
- Tackle new challenges by understand the underlying method/approach to take
- Scrape static web pages
- Extract all sorts of data from websites
- Know what to look for and how to approach parsing a website
- Gather data from all over the internet
- Use recursion algorithms to search through website content
What are the requirements?
- Basic Python knowledge
- A Python 3 Environment to Code in
Web scraping is the art of picking out data from a website by looking at the HTML code and identifying patterns that can be used to identify your data. This data can then be gathered and later used for your own analysis.
In this course we will go over the basic of web scraping, learning all about how we can extract data from websites, and all of this is guided along by a work example.
At the end of the course you should be able to go off on your own, and pick out most common websites, and be able to extract all the relevant data you may need just through using Python code.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned web scraping using Python.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about web scraping using Python.
|Section 1 - Prerequisite Knowledge|
|Introduction To The Modulus Operation||00:00:00|
|Introduction To Simple Error Handling||00:00:00|
|Introduction To Pandas||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - Static Data Extraction / Web Scraping|
|Response Status Codes From A HTTP Request||00:00:00|
|Reading The Response Text From Our Request||00:00:00|
|First Approach At Parsing The Data||00:00:00|
|Understanding The Exception Cases||00:00:00|
|Parsing Out All Data For One Company||00:00:00|
|Determining Where We Can Get More Ticker Symbols||00:00:00|
|Extracting Company Ticker Symbols: Part 1||00:00:00|
|Extracting Company Ticker Symbols: Part 2||00:00:00|
|Getting Data For All Parsed Companies||00:00:00|
|Final Data For All Parsed Companies||00:00:00|
|Short Review: Recursive Functions||00:00:00|
|Getting Started With Selenium||00:00:00|
|View The Page Source||00:00:00|
|Website Elements And XPath||00:00:00|
|Navigating Deeper Into The Page Source||00:00:00|
|Identifying The Path To Our Data||00:00:00|
|Using The XPath To Our Data||00:00:00|
|Parsing Out Our Data||00:00:00|
|Getting Our Final Data||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - APIs overview|
|Introduction To APIs||00:00:00|