About This CourseBeginner
Follow us as we head out to Joshua Tree National Park to teach this night photography course! In this course we combine entertainment + education in this complete behind-the-scenes course. We’re not just sitting behind our computer desk, showing you slides. We’re out in the field, showing you exactly what we do to shoot our own night photos.
YOU CAN TAKE BEAUTIFUL NIGHT PHOTOS! That’s why you’re here right?
We’re excited to show you how to take your own amazing night & low-light photos.
With this complete night photography course, you’ll learn the ins and outs from the gear we recommend, the settings we use, the composition tips we have, and the photo editing process we use to end up with award-winning night photos.
Key things you will learn in this night photography course:
- What gear you need for night photography
- How to prepare for your photography trip
- Basic camera settings such as shutter speed, aperture, and ISO
- How to compose beautiful night photos
- Using a shutter release remote to shoot long exposures
- How to shoot light trail photos
- Composing creative night photos of the stars
- How to shoot photographs of the moon
- How to edit night photos to make them look even better
Why learn from us?
We are three instructors who love photography, and love teaching. We’re the teachers of the best-selling Photography Masterclass. We always take our student’s feedback, and use it to improve our courses. That’s why we created this course in the first place – because fellow students wanted us to create a night photography course.
What are the requirements?
- While this course was created for beginner photographers, it would be beneficial for you to understand basic photography concepts such as aperture, shutter speed, and ISO. We have included a refresher lesson that will get you up to speed if you need it.
- This is a great follow up to our Photography Masterclass, which will get you up to speed to dive right into this course.
- You can use any camera to take great night photos. We’ll be using Canon, Nikon, Leica, and Fujifilm DSLR and Mirrorless cameras + smartphones like the iPhone
What am I going to get from this course?
- You will learn how to take beautiful night photographs – like the pros!
- You will be happier with the photos you shoot than ever before!
- You will learn how to shoot light trail photos with your camera
- You will know how to use Bulb mode and a shutter release remote to shoot long exposures
- You will know what equipment you need to shoot great night photos
- You will understand how to set your camera’s ISO, shutter speed, and aperture (f-stop) while shooting night photographs
- You will learn how to edit night photos to make them look even better
Who is the target audience?
- Beginner photographers – you want to take your skills to the next level
- Intermediate photographer – you want to develop skills in a particular craft
- Anyone who wants to take better photos on at night or in lower light situations
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to shoot stunning night photos.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about shooting stunning night photos.
Section 1 - Welcome And What Is This Course About?
Welcome To Night Photography
Our 10 Night Photography Commandments
Equipment For Night Photography
DOWNLOAD: “Don’t Forget Me” Night Photography Checklist
OPTIONAL Refresher: Setting Refresher
DOWNLOAD: Beginner’s Guide To Photography
Section 2 - Night Photography Demonstration
Basics Of Night Photography With Will
Night Photography With Creative Camera Movements
How To Shoot Light Trails
Longer Exposures With A Trigger And Night Photos With Foreground Elements
Photographing The Moon
Section 3 - Editing Night Photos
Basic Night Photo Editing
OPTIONAL: Adobe Lightroom Crash Course
Night Editing Tip 1: Make Stars Pop
Night Editing Tip 2: Improve Skies With Graduated Filters
Night Editing Tip 3: Remove Unwanted Airplane Streaks
Night Editing Tip 4: Use HSL Panel To Improve Skies And Landscapes
Night Editing Tip 5: Remove Digital Noise And Grain
Phil Edits His Favorite Night Photo
Sam Edits His Favorite Night Photo
Will Edits His Favorite Night Photo
Will Edits A Light Trail Photo
Exporting Photos: For Posting Online And For Printing
CHEAT SHEET: Export Settings
Section 4 - Conclusion
Thank You And What’s Next?
About The Instructor
PhilMy passion is inspiring people through online courses. I love learning new skills, and since 2012 have been teaching people like you everything I know. Through my online learning business, I create courses that teach you how to become the better version of yourself with all kinds of skills. I've always tried to live life presently and to the fullest. Some of the things I love to do in my spare time include mountain biking, nerding out on personal finance, traveling to new places, watching sports (huge baseball fan here!), and sharing meals with friends and family. Most days you can find me spending quality time with my lovely wife and our cat. In 2011, I graduated with my Bachelor of Arts in Film and Television Production at Loyola Marymount University - one of the top 10 film schools in the country. While there, I was fortunate to make documentaries in Switzerland, Germany, Mexico, and India. After graduating, I worked at Participant Media shooting and editing short-form documentaries for their website TakePart. I followed that stint with a contract at Stanbridge College where I discovered online learning. I helped pioneer their online school there. Most recently, I spent 2 years working at University of California Berkeley with the media team. Throughout this time I built my brand to teach others the skills that I have. In May of 2015, I left the 9-5 world to make my own path. Since then, I've made more money, worked fewer hours, and only have done the things I love each day. I want to show you how to be a better creator, make money from your creations, and live the life you dreamed of.