This course is designed for those interested in developing their skill in User Stories.Read more.
Paul is the CEO/Managing Director and Chief Consultant at Pashun Consulting Ltd, author of Scrum Mega Pack and a certified scrum master and coach with experience in international blue chip companies dating back to 1999. Certified Scrum Master (10 years running Web, Mobile and Internet TV projects ) Portfolio/PMO Manager (coordinating agile teams, managing budgets, and continuous improvement for agile teams) Software Developer (10 years+ Experience developing web, Interactive TV and Mobile ap
Only want this course? Buy this course for
$199 $29 and keep lifetime access.
About This Course
Who this course is for:
- Product Owners, Agile Business Analysts, Agile or Scrum Team Members and Business OWners
- Anyone who wants a complete overview of Agile User Stories and certainty that they are getting the facts taught by an industry expert
- Someone preparing to be a Product Owner, Agile Business Analyst, Scrum Master or Agile Team Member Anyone who wants to know how to be proficient with Epics, Themes, Stories and Requirements
- A candidate who wants answers to frequently misunderstood points within about User Stories An expert candidate who wants a concise, quick refresher on User Stories
What you’ll learn:
- Learn what a User Story is and why they are so powerful for capturing requirements in complex projects
- Feel confident in writing user stories for any project
- Understand what a Requirements Spec is and Why they are less flexible than a Product Backlog built with Agile User Stories
- Explain what The Three Rs rule, Acceptance Criteria and Edge Cases are and how they will make you a better user story writer
- Understand how to split and amalgamate stories
- Learn techniques to help you to split user stories when working in the real world
- Understand the difference between EPics and Themes and when each is used
- Learn who is responsible for writing user stories in agile and scrum
- There are no pre-requesites for this course. I explain everything from the ground up
“Scrum Open, Professional Scrum™, Professional Scrum Master™, PSM, PSM I, PSM 1, etc. is the protected brand of Scrum . org. Our course and practice exams are neither endorsed by nor affiliated with Scrum . org.”
Three reasons to TAKE THIS COURSE right now!
The unique reasons for taking this course are:
- Complete, Concise, Confident Overview of User Stories – I cover all of the theory and give you examples of how the theory is used in industry.
- Confidence in writing User Stories – In a very simple way, I teach you exactly how the pros write user stories without going into a classroom or spending $1000.
- You get to ask me questions and see me respond to every single one of them thoughtfully!
Includes Narration from Ted R. Brown
What is a User Story?
A User Story is the description of a product feature or requirement from a user’s perspective. Based on my experience, it is the simplest way to capture requirements which focus on adding value and help businesses to deliver early return on investment!
The course is video based with no supporting document necessary. I go through key gotchas from the scrum guide. If you have 3by5 index cards, this is a bonus but you can get started without this.
How is the course structured?
Each section features an overview of a particular aspect of User Stories such as Principles, How to write a user story description, how to write acceptance criteria, or epics. Examples are included throughout the course. All is based on Agile theory and real world experience so you know that you are learning the facts.
Inspired by God, the Bible, Mike Cohn.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have the knowledge on User Stories for Agile Scrum.
10 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and develop your skill in User Stories!
|Section 1 - Introduction|
|Agile Terms Used In This Course||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - The World Before User Stories|
|The History: Traditional Requirements Documents||00:00:00|
|The Birth Of User Stories||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - User Story Principles|
|The INVEST Principle||00:00:00|
|The Three Cs Formula||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - User Story Basics|
|How To Write A User Story Description||00:00:00|
|Who Writes User Stories||00:00:00|
|How To Write Acceptance Criteria||00:00:00|
|Section 5 - Splitting And Combining User Stories|
|When To Split User Stories||00:00:00|
|How To Split User Stories||00:00:00|
|Section 6 - Final Words And Summary|
|Section 7 - Bonus Materials And Course Summary|
|Product Backlog, User Stories & Estimation – From Audiobook “The Power Of Scrum”||00:00:00|
User Stories For Agile Scrum: Product Owner And Business Analysis
Fast, effcient, or effective tool
This course was relatable, fast, very efficient and to the point. It had valid points which makes it an effective tool in my opinion. It’s only downfall that I can see is that it moves slowly, so performance needs improving and the speaker voice changing from a man with a very, very southern drawl of an accent, to a man with a very, very not southern accent (British I believe). Definitely threw a wrench in things because it took me a minute to figure out that it just was how the course was set up. Other than that piece, it was pretty amazing. It took me less than 3 hours (work mandated ones are longer) and I got the same information. So, great job! Thanks!
Broken nicely and easy to follow
This is nicely structured in small little lessons. I like that I can go back and follow along…
this feels like a follow on from other scrum courses
Good further detail.