About This Coursebeginner
THIS COURSE HAS BEEN DESIGNED TO SAVE YOU HUNDREDS, IF NOT THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ON AGILE USER STORY TRAINING AS A PRODUCT OWNER, AGILE TEAM MEMBER OR BUSINESS ANALYST.
The unique reasons for taking this course are:
- Complete, Concise, Confident Overview of User Stories – this course covers all of the theory and gives you examples of how the theory is used in the industry.
- Confidence in writing User Stories – In a very simple way, I will teach you exactly how the pros write user stories without going into a classroom or spending $1000.
Includes Narration from Ted R. Brown
What is a User Story?
A User Story is the description of a product feature or requirement from a user’s perspective. Based on my experience, it is the simplest way to capture requirements which focus on adding value and help businesses to deliver early return on investments!
Whether you are a product owner, scrum master, business analyst, team member, business stakeholder or simply someone who wants the answer to the question “What is a user story?“, this is the place to start. If you are preparing to become an agile product owner or agile business analyst then this class is for you.
In this class you will learn:
- A concise overview of Agile User Stories – Including How to write a user story description, acceptance criteria to capture the detail, the purpose of epics and themes in dealing with large or vague requirements and how to split stories along with the reasons why user stories are favored over traditional methods of capturing requirements. This includes lectures on the principles that underpin user stories, such as the INVEST principle and the Three C’s formula.
- The facts based on real industry experience and agile expertise – The correct terminology and use of User stories are essential to mastering it. My experience in the industry and extensive research into the topic has been used to give you a solid grounding in the most concise way possible.
- Agile Product Owners/Agile Business Analyst preparation – I tell you the exact theory and give you templates to prepare you for writing user stories in the real work, business or workplace without having to do a face to face course saving you hundreds if not thousands of dollars.
The course is video based with no supporting document necessary. I go through key gotchas from the scrum guide. If you have 3 by 5 index cards, this is a bonus but you can get started without this.
Each section features an overview of a particular aspect of User Stories such as Principles, how to write a user story description, how to write acceptance criteria or epics. Examples are included throughout the course. All is based on Agile theory and real-world experience so you know that you are learning the facts.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have the knowledge on User Stories for Agile Scrum.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and develop your skill in User Stories!
Section 1 - Introduction
Agile Terms Used In This Course
Section 2 - The World Before User Stories
The History: Traditional Requirements Documents
The Birth Of User Stories
Section 3 - User Story Principles
The INVEST Principle
The Three Cs Formula
Section 4 - User Story Basics
How To Write A User Story Description
Who Writes User Stories
How To Write Acceptance Criteria
Section 5 - Splitting And Combining User Stories
When To Split User Stories
How To Split User Stories
Section 6 - Final Words And Summary
Section 7 - Bonus Materials And Course Summary
Product Backlog, User Stories & Estimation – From Audiobook “The Power Of Scrum”
About The Instructor
PaulPaul is the CEO/Managing Director and Chief Consultant at Pashun Consulting Ltd, author of Scrum Mega Pack and a certified scrum master and coach with experience in international blue chip companies dating back to 1999. Certified Scrum Master (10 years running Web, Mobile and Internet TV projects ) Portfolio/PMO Manager (coordinating agile teams, managing budgets, and continuous improvement for agile teams) Software Developer (10 years+ Experience developing web, Interactive TV and Mobile apps) Coaching Product Owners and Business Analysts in agile and scrum practices such as User Stories writing. What is Pashun Consulting? Pashun Consulting is a specialist in Scrum coaching and leadership within major global organisations. Paul's journey began before agile and scrum methods were widespread in the industry and this gave him the benefit of leading and working on projects using non-agile methodologies such as PRINCE 2 and waterfall. He began as a software developer at the BBC and over 10 years later his consulting experience took him to be an Agile Portfolio Manager. For this reason, he had seen both sides of the story and can give good reasons why he ended up on the scrum side of it. Having used both agile and non-agile variants, he can honestly say that the scrum framework, when fully understood and used as its creators intended, has been the most successful framework for delivering a quality product. At the same time it gives ambitious businesses the flexibility to change requirements as needed in this modern world.