Learn how to create ten samples to build your confidence in sewing as a beginner.Read more.
Tunku Adhikari, who comes from a family of artists, authors, and musicians, studied Graphic Design at Parsons School of Design in New York. He went on to study at NIFT in Delhi, graduating in 1994 - the same cohort that produced some of India's best fashion designers. Tunku co-founded the label Azuli by Leong & Adhikari with a classmate in 1996. The design concept of the company emphasised starkness, balancing painstakingly clean lines with whimsical draperies, both of which stemmed from
Only want this course? Buy this course for
$199 $29 and keep lifetime access.
About This Course
Who this course is for:
- This course is ideally suited to a first-year fashion student who has gained some knowledge and experience in sewing.
- This course will not suit the absolute beginner who has never sewn before.
- It also can suit anyone else that wishes to refresh their skills.
What you’ll learn:
- To create confidence in sewing for beginners by learning to do these 10 samples without help
- Naturally remember each step through repetition. Understand why they are used. Then apply that knowledge to each sample.
- Analyse what you did right and try to learn from the wrong ones. Evaluate your understanding of the concept.
- Quality of product is what makes each sample beautiful to look at, but more importantly accurate to the pattern.
- Basic knowledge of sewing
This course will teach you my personal insight into what First Year sewing “should” include. Hi my name is Tunku Adhikari. I am a Fashion Educator and Designer based in Melbourne, Australia. I have taught in the field of Fashion and Design for over 20 years.
I say “should” because we are slowly becoming less and less hands on, especially since the pandemic. It is a course that includes tips and tricks that I use personally, learnt over the years.
Ten Skills That You Need In Sewing As A Beginner is a course I designed based on what I believe a 1st Year Fashion student should know before transitioning into 2nd Year. These topics are based on questions from students that I have answered for over 20 years. You could say it is a problem-solving guide for sewing.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have a better understanding of how to create better quality fashion.
10 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today!
|Section 1 - Day 1: Introduction|
|Beginners Sewing Guide||00:00:00|
|Sewing And Industrial Sewing Machine Introductions||00:00:00|
|Basics Refresher: Bobbin And Bobbin Cases||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - Day 2: Hand Sewing|
|Hand Sewing: How To Ease||00:00:00|
|Hand Sewing: How To Catch Stitch||00:00:00|
|Hand Sewing: Basting Or Tacking||00:00:00|
|Hand Sewing: Carrier||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - Day 3: Closed Seam, Edge, Top Stitch|
|Seams: Edge Or Top Stitch||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Day 4: Darts|
|3 Types Of Darts||00:00:00|
|Curved Body Dart: How To Iron||00:00:00|
|Section 5 - Day 5: French And Flat Felled Seam|
|Flat Felled Seam||00:00:00|
|Section 6 - Day 6: Bound Seam|
|Pre Requisite (Open Seam)||00:00:00|
|Section 7 - Day 7: Pockets|
|Pockets: Patch Pocket||00:00:00|
|Pockets: Curved Patch Pocket||00:00:00|
|Section 8 - Day 8: Collars|
|Preparing A Mandarin And Band Collar For Sewing||00:00:00|
|Section 9 - Day 9: Zips|
|Center Back Dress Zip With Facing||00:00:00|
|Section 10 - Bonus Material|
|Bonus Material: How To Shape With Or Without Darts||00:00:00|
|Darts And Shapes||00:00:00|