About This Course
Charge your clients more money by being able to create a WordPress website exactly to their requirements.
This Creating A Business Website With A Responsive Design course will enable you to create a Responsive Website for a business using the Genesis theme framework on the WordPress platform.
WordPress is the most ubiquitous CMS (Content Management System) on the internet today. It provides you with a fairly well-optimised web system. However, combining WordPress with the premium Genesis theme ensures an entirely future-proof, perfectly optimized and responsive web design.
After you have finished the course you will have learned how to:
- Layout a website visual in Photoshop and present it to your client
- Install WordPress locally on your computer to ensure faster development
- Set up a website using WordPress on a host’s server
- Upload a local site to a remote site
- Create an “Under Construction” page to display during online development
- Set up the logo and top navigation menu with drop-downs
- Set up a blog on its own separate page
- Change the website’s text, use different fonts and create beautiful web typography
- Add content and images to the website’s pages and the blog’s posts
- Create and style up new sidebar widgets
- Add social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.) profile links and icons
- Create page templates
- Add and style a jQuery slider
- Use CSS media queries to ensure the responsive design of the site works correctly on all browsers and all possible devices (phones, iPods, iPads, tablets, laptops, etc.)
- Design and layout a blog archive page with featured image thumbnails
- Create a contact page with a contact form
- Create an email subscription list and sidebar form with incentive to join
- Display a “favicon” for your site for the browsers’ address bars (as well as for iPod Touch, iPads and iPhones)
- Plus much more!
I would say that 35-45% of the course is Genesis-specific so I would advise anyone taking this course to have the Genesis theme framework (which is only $59.99).
This Responsive Website Design course is ideal for anyone wishing to create a website. I have gone through everything in great detail so there’s no need to worry if you have very little knowledge of WordPress, HTML, CSS and/or PHP. Similarly, if you are already a web designer this course will teach you How to Make a Responsive Website by digging into the theme’s code to enable you to get a WordPress site looking and acting exactly how you want it to.
The course would be particularly useful for people who wish to run their own web design business as you would be able to charge four-figure fees for creating a bespoke business website like this.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to get started with creating business websites with responsive design.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn how to create websites!
|Section 1 - Preparation|
|Designing The Website Visual In Photoshop Part 1||00:00:00|
|Designing The Website Visual In Photoshop Part 2||00:00:00|
|Showing The Website Design To The Client||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - Local Development|
|Installing WordPress Locally Using MAMP||00:00:00|
|Installing The Genesis Theme Framework And Sample Child Theme||00:00:00|
|Renaming And Branding The Child Theme||00:00:00|
|Introduction To Developing Websites||00:00:00|
|Introduction To Genesis Theme Settings & Header Logo CSS||00:00:00|
|Creating And Styling The Top Navigation Bar||00:00:00|
|Creating A Static Home Page And A Separate Blog Page||00:00:00|
|Creating Drop-Downs And Styling The Top Navigation Menu||00:00:00|
|Creating Backgrounds & Easier CSS||00:00:00|
|Headings, Links And Typography||00:00:00|
|Adding Text and Images Into A WordPress Page||00:00:00|
|Styling The Sidebar Widgets||00:00:00|
|Styling Individual Sidebar Widgets||00:00:00|
|Creating The Social Profile Icons||00:00:00|
|Creating And Styling The Footer||00:00:00|
|Creating A Widgetized Page Template||00:00:00|
|Adding The Genesis Responsive Slider To The Home Page||00:00:00|
|Adding Content To The Genesis Responsive Slider||00:00:00|
|Styling The Genesis Responsive Slider||00:00:00|
|Home Page Headings||00:00:00|
|Responsive Design With CSS Media Queries||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - Uploading The Site To The Host Server, More Development And Going Live!|
|Setting Up The Website On The Host’s Server||00:00:00|
|Installing WordPress Manually On The Host’s Server||00:00:00|
|Uploading A Local Site To The Host’s Server||00:00:00|
|Creating An Under Construction Page & Miscellaneous Tweaks||00:00:00|
|Adding Three Featured Posts Widgets To The Home Page Template||00:00:00|
|Styling The Three Featured Posts Widgets||00:00:00|
|Designing Blog Archive Pages||00:00:00|
|Creating A Contact Form In WordPress||00:00:00|
|Creating An Email Subscription List & Sidebar Sign-up Form||00:00:00|
|Giving Your Site A Favicon||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Conclusion|
|What To Do Now?||00:00:00|
|Section 5 - Extras!|
|Update WordPress And Genesis. Upgrade to HTML5 with Schema Support||00:00:00|