About This Course
The course is presented in four parts.
First, the course introduces a business case of a system updating model that unintentionally includes all the hurdles to prevent fast update from the financial system. The model takes a staff 3+ hour to update the Excel reports for just 1 round of changes from the system, and what’s worse, system changes are twice or three times per day! So, how to design the system updating model so that we can get “instant” updates from the system to the final presentation?
Next, the course will demonstrate how the author has overhauled the old model so that it:
- Reduces the system updating time from 2 hours to 1 min, and
- Reduces the presentation updating time from 1 hour to 2 minutes!
Third, the course explains 4 ways of reporting from a Financial System, but focuses on 2 of them:
- Extract reports from the System
- Extract data from the System
Last, we demonstrate the 6 Dos and Don’ts in building system-updating and presentation-updating models. Some of the best practices are:
- Do not extract individual reports from the system, opening the can of worms of huge manual work. Rather, do extract the complete data from the system for automated reporting
- Do not copy/paste source data into the reporting file
- Do not cleanse data manually before calculation
- Do not manually key in entity name to generate report
Prerequisites and Advanced Preparation:
- Basic Excel and Power Query knowledge. Example: be able to open one Excel file and connect to external data files, etc.
- Recommended prerequisite: Power Query Part 1: Ultimate Data Transformation
- Identify 4 ways of reporting out of a financial system
- Understand when and how to cleanse data during extracting data
- Recognize the pros and cons of extracting tables or extracting data from a financial system
- Master 4 best practices of building an update model based on a financial system
- Discover 2 best practices of building a dynamic presentation model based on source Excel file
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned to reduce update time in Excel.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about increasing your productivity while using Excel in your financial model.
|Section 1 - Introduction|
|Real Business Case: How To Report From The System?||00:00:00|
|Before And After Of The Makeover||00:00:00|
|How This Course Is Compared With Other Similar Courses||00:00:00|
|What You Will Get From This Course||00:00:00|
|Resources – Excel Model Makeover Part 3||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - How To Report From A Financial System?|
|First 2 Ways Of Reporting From A Financial System||00:00:00|
|Extracted Report From The System||00:00:00|
|Extracted Data From The System||00:00:00|
|Reporting From Financial System Wrap-up||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - System Reporting: 4 Best Practices|
|Best Practice No. 1||00:00:00|
|Best Practice No. 2||00:00:00|
|Best Practice No. 3||00:00:00|
|Best Practice No. 4||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Powerpoint Update: 2 Best Practices|
|Best Practice No. 5||00:00:00|
|Best Practice No. 6||00:00:00|
|Before And After Of The Makeover – A Revisit||00:00:00|
|Section 5 - Bonus: VBA|
|Section 6 - Conclusion|
|Next Course And Q And A||00:00:00|