About This Course
Essential Words for IELTS is a collection of video presentations and worksheets created for students preparing to take the IELTS test. By working through the materials, you will master the vocabulary needed to get a high IELTS score.
Do you need a band score of 7.0 or above on the IELTS test? Then this course is for you!
- learn word meanings
- hear how to clearly pronounce each word
- see how each word is used in example sentences
- learn how to use the word like a native through common collocations (words that frequently go together)
- discover the different forms and derivatives of each word
- get to know synonyms of each word – vital for success on the IELTS reading and listening tests
- revise using a PDF version of each video
- build your own vocabulary booklet using the printable vocabulary record that comes with each video
- test yourself using multiple choice quizzes
Together, this information will help you develop a deep knowledge of each word.
These words have been carefully selected from the COBUILD English language corpus to cover functions and topics that are frequently found in the IELTS test. Each video presentation contains 7 words, the ideal number of words to learn in one go.
Who is this course for?
This course is for English language learners who are preparing to take or retake the IELTS test and need a band score of 7.0 or above. It is also useful for anyone who wants to improve their English by learning more English words and phrases, including students preparing to take the TOEFL, TOEIC and CAE tests.
What are the requirements?
- You should be at a pre-intermediate level of English or above
- An understanding of the different parts of the IELTS exam is useful but not essential
What am I going to get from this course?
- Fully understand reading texts in the IELTS Reading Test
- Fully understand the audio recordings in the IELTS Listening Test
- Write more natural essays in the IELTS Writing Test
- Speak using a wider range of vocabulary in the IELTS Speaking Test
- Understand and know how to use a range of advanced words and phrases in English
Who is the target audience?
- Students preparing to take or retake the IELTS test
- English language learners at an intermediate to advanced level
- Anyone who wants to improve their English vocabulary
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned the essential vocabulary needed to get a high IELTS score.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about the IELTS vocabulary.
|Section 1 - Introduction To The Course|
|Complete Word Lists||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - Animals|
|Section 3 - Changes|
|Changes Vocabulary: Part 1||00:00:00|
|Changes Vocabulary: Part 2||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Chemistry|
|Section 5 - Engineering|
|Engineering Vocabulary: Part 1||00:00:00|
|Engineering Vocabulary: Part 2||00:00:00|
|Section 6 - Environment|
|Section 7 - Family|
|Section 8 - Geography|
|Geography Vocabulary: Part 1||00:00:00|
|Geography Vocabulary: Part 2||00:00:00|
|Section 9 - Government|
|Section 10 - Health And Medicine|
|Section 11 - Law|
|Law Vocabulary: Part 1||00:00:00|
|Law Vocabulary: Part 2||00:00:00|
|Section 12 - Political Beliefs|
|Political Beliefs Vocabulary||00:00:00|
|Section 13 - Social Issues|
|Social Issues Vocabulary: Part 1||00:00:00|
|Social Issues Vocabulary: Part 2||00:00:00|
|Section 14 - Texts|
|Section 15 - Biology|
|Section 16 - Business|
|Business Vocabulary: Part 1||00:00:00|
|Business Vocabulary: Part 2||00:00:00|
|Section 17 - Comparing And Contrasting|
|Comparing and Contrasting Vocabulary||00:00:00|
|Section 18 - History|
|Section 19 - Linguistics|
|Section 20 - Materials|
|Section 21 - Mathematics|
|Section 22 - Giving Opinions|
|Section 23 - Positive Qualities|
|Positive Qualities Vocabulary||00:00:00|
|Section 24 - Negative Qualities|
|Negative Qualities Vocabulary||00:00:00|
|Section 25 - Research Methods|
|Research Methods Vocabulary||00:00:00|
|Section 26 - Describing Trends for Task 1 Writing|
|Upward Trends Vocabulary||00:00:00|
|Downward Trends Vocabulary||00:00:00|
|Adjectives And Adverbs||00:00:00|
|More Trends Vocabulary||00:00:00|
|Section 27 - Describing Cause And Effect|
|Cause And Effect Vocabulary||00:00:00|
|Section 28 - Time|
|Section 29 - Science|
|Scientific Processes: Part 1||00:00:00|
|Scientific Processes: Part 2||00:00:00|
|Section 30 - Education|
|Section 31 - Art|
|Section 32 - Economics|
|Section 33 - Thought Processes|
|Thought Processes Vocabulary||00:00:00|
|Anticipate: 100 examples||00:00:00|
|Appreciate: 100 examples||00:00:00|
|Comprehend: 100 examples||00:00:00|
|Conceive: 100 examples||00:00:00|
|Envisage: 100 examples||00:00:00|
|Infer: 100 examples||00:00:00|
|Recall: 100 examples||00:00:00|