This course is designed for those interested to learn how to develop software using Java.Read more.
About This Course
Who this course is for:
- Career-changers looking to start from scratch
- Recent graduate looking to get job-specific training
- Current student looking preparing for the job market
- QA/manual testers looking to transition to automation
What you’ll learn:
- Learn how to be comfortable with writing and designing Java applications
- Know how to apply core concepts of object-oriented programming to a project
- Have the knowledge to build holistic, real-world practical applications from the ground up
- Write common algorithms covered in computer science courses
- Network with recruiters, hiring managers, and tech professionals
- How to walk into your first job interview and code review with confidence
- Basic experience working with a computer
- Basic understanding of analytical problem solving
- Windows or Mac (course taught from Windows)
Finally, a complete Java software development essentials course that includes real internship opportunities for qualified students!
I not only teach the core topics of Java, but also covers necessary analytical skills like Algorithms and practical skills like reading and handling data from files, and job-specific skills like building a student database and analyzing the criteria of passwords.
This course was developed by a combination of developers, recruiters, and business managers that together, outlined and curated a curriculum based on the hiring needs and requirements in the industry.
Designed for individuals looking to kick-start a new career in software development, this course starts at the beginning assuming no previous knowledge in programming.
- All relevant slides and notes
- Practical training
- Conceptual lectures
I focus on keeping the training practical and applicable to a real-world project. While learning the concepts is important, you must demonstrate your knowledge by being able to write programs, analyze what’s happening behind the scenes, and have a working understanding of basic algorithms and computations.
While not created based on Oracle’s certification program, this course will help prepare you for the Programmer Level I Exam to earn the Oracle Certified Associate certificate.
- Get comfortable with controlling the flow of programs
- Understand and apply the core concepts of object-oriented programming
- Know the different data structures and practice traversing through arrays and collections
- Master the common algorithms in computer science
- Learn topics conceptually and practically to help you ace your job interview
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to build and develop software with Java.
10 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about developing software using Java.
|Section 1 - Introduction|
|Preparing The Java Development Environment||00:00:00|
|Creating A Java Application In Notepad||00:00:00|
|Getting Started With Eclipse As IDE||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - Basics Of Programming|
|The Hello World Application||00:00:00|
|Conditional Logic: If-Then Blocks||00:00:00|
|Conditional Logic: Switch-Blocks||00:00:00|
|Functions: Return Types And Arguments||00:00:00|
|Loops: Do, While, For||00:00:00|
|Practical: Computing The Fibonnaci Number||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - Object-Oriented Programming|
|Fundamentals Of Object-Oriented Programming||00:00:00|
|Classes And Objects||00:00:00|
|Constructors And Overloading||00:00:00|
|Static Keyword And Final||00:00:00|
|Scope Of Variables||00:00:00|
|Inheritance And Overriding||00:00:00|
|Encapsulation And Data-Hiding||00:00:00|
|Practical: Building A Bank Account Application||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Source Control With Git And GitHub Repositories|
|What Is Source Control And Git?||00:00:00|
|Preparing The Git Environment And GitHub Repository||00:00:00|
|Uploading A Project To GitHub||00:00:00|
|Cloning A GitHub Repository||00:00:00|
|Managing Versions And Updates With Git||00:00:00|
|Section 5 - Exceptions And File Handling|
|Exception Library And Hierarchy||00:00:00|
|Creating And User-Defined Exception||00:00:00|
|Reading Data From A File||00:00:00|
|Writing Data To A File||00:00:00|
|Practical: Reading Phone Numbers From A File And Testing Condition||00:00:00|
|Section 6 - Data Structures And Collections Framework|
|Introduction To Data Structures And Collections||00:00:00|
|Traversing A Single Array||00:00:00|
|Traversing Multi-Dimensional Arrays||00:00:00|
|Practical: Reading Data From A CSV File||00:00:00|
|Section 7 - Algorithms: Introduction To Computer Science|
|What Are Algorithms And Why You Need To Know Them||00:00:00|