About This CourseBeginner
Finally, a complete Java software development essentials course that includes real internship opportunities for qualified students!
I not only teach the core topics of Java, but also covers necessary analytical skills like Algorithms and practical skills like reading and handling data from files, and job-specific skills like building a student database and analyzing the criteria of passwords.
This course was developed by a combination of developers, recruiters, and business managers that together, outlined and curated a curriculum based on the hiring needs and requirements in the industry.
Designed for individuals looking to kick-start a new career in software development, this course starts at the beginning assuming no previous knowledge in programming.
This course includes:
- All relevant slides and notes
- Practical training
- Conceptual lectures
I focus on keeping the training practical and applicable to a real-world project. While learning the concepts is important, you must demonstrate your knowledge by being able to write programs, analyze what’s happening behind the scenes, and have a working understanding of basic algorithms and computations.
While not created based on Oracle’s certification program, this course will help prepare you for the Programmer Level I Exam to earn the Oracle Certified Associate certificate.
- Get comfortable with controlling the flow of programs
- Understand and apply the core concepts of object-oriented programming
- Know the different data structures and practice traversing through arrays and collections
- Master the common algorithms in computer science
- Learn topics conceptually and practically to help you ace your job interview
What will I learn?
- Learn how to be comfortable with writing and designing Java applications
- Know how to apply core concepts of object-oriented programming to a project
- Have the knowledge to build holistic, real-world practical applications from the ground up
- Write common algorithms covered in computer science courses
- Network with recruiters, hiring managers, and tech professionals
- How to walk into your first job interview and code review with confidence
What are the requirements?
- Basic experience working with a computer
- Basic understanding of analytical problem solving
- Windows or Mac (course taught from Windows)
Who is the target audience?
- Career-changers looking to start from scratch
- Recent graduate looking to get job-specific training
- Current students looking or preparing for the job market
- QA/Manual testers looking to transition to automation
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to build and develop software with Java.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about developing software using Java.
Preparing The Java Development Environment
Creating A Java Application In Notepad
Getting Started With Eclipse As IDE
The Hello World Application
Conditional Logic: If-Then Blocks
Conditional Logic: Switch-Blocks
Functions: Return Types And Arguments
Loops: Do, While, For
Practical: Computing The Fibonnaci Number
Fundamentals Of Object-Oriented Programming
Classes And Objects
Constructors And Overloading
Static Keyword And Final
Scope Of Variables
Inheritance And Overriding
Encapsulation And Data-Hiding
Practical: Building A Bank Account Application
What Is Source Control And Git?
Preparing The Git Environment And GitHub Repository
Uploading A Project To GitHub
Cloning A GitHub Repository
Managing Versions And Updates With Git
Exception Library And Hierarchy
Creating And User-Defined Exception
Reading Data From A File
Writing Data To A File
Practical: Reading Phone Numbers From A File And Testing Condition
Introduction To Data Structures And Collections
Traversing A Single Array
Traversing Multi-Dimensional Arrays
Practical: Reading Data From A CSV File
What Are Algorithms And Why You Need To Know Them