About This Course
If you want to improve the quality of your writing and do better on written assignments, then this is the course for you.
Paragraphs are the foundation of all academic writing. Writing stand-alone paragraphs such as persuasive or argument paragraphs are standard assignments for many students at any level.
Quality paragraphs are essential for essays, book reports, speeches, and other longer writing assignments.
This course takes you step-by-step through techniques that teach you to write with confidence.
Learn these building blocks and then put them into practice to see all the difference.
Your grades will automatically improve as your writing skills become stronger. In fact, knowing how to write well will increase your ability to reason and fully comprehend other authors’ texts and material as well!
Each short lesson in this course will take you one step closer to being a better writer.
Before you know it, you will be using excellent skills automatically.
There are quizzes and assignments to help you build your skills more effectively. The video lessons take about 90 minutes to complete, but you should allow time to complete the quizzes and assignments. The paragraph writing assignment which is done in stages will add another couple of hours for most students to do properly.
There is even the option of personal feedback while writing your own paragraph throughout the course.
What are the requirements?
- You will need an adequate understanding of the English language and basic writing skills
- You will benefit more if you do the quizzes and assignments – although all are optional
What am I going to get from this course?
- Practice writing your own paragraph following step-by-step guidance (feedback available but optional on assignments)
- See writing as a process and use this knowledge to dramatically improve your written work
- Use pre-writing skills such as brainstorming, research, and creating plans
- Write excellent topic sentences that help you the writer and the reader as well!
- Learn about Unity and how using it can help make your paragraphs much stronger and more effective
- Recognize the importance of Coherence and how to use it in your writing
- Learn various systems of organization – chronological, physical, order of importance
- Improve your supporting sentences using methods of development
- Use transitions words and signposts linking grammatical structures but also ideas
- Write concluding sentences that truly conclude and wrap up the content appropriately
- Identify and use different types of paragraph including exposition, narration, description, persuasion
- Learn about the importance of proofreading & editing
- Proofread your own work
Who is the target audience?
- Students and writers who wish to improve the impact of their writing and/or gain higher grades will benefit the most
- Upper grade school, secondary school, or College / University students would benefit from the lessons learned in this course
- The course focuses on academic paragraphs that one would use for single paragraph assignments or paragraphs within essays, book reports, and speeches.
- Although there is some benefit for all writers, this course does not focus on creative or story writing which would contain many different kinds of paragraphs
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to write paragraphs with confidence.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about improving your paragraph writing skills.
|Section 1 - Introduction|
|Lesson 1 Part 2||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - Preliminary Work|
|Preliminary Work Part 1||00:00:00|
|Preliminary Work Part 2||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - Topic Sentences|
|Topic Sentences Part 1||00:00:00|
|Topic Sentences Part 2||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Unity|
|Section 5 - Coherence|
|Section 6 - Supporting Sentences|
|Supporting Sentences Part 1||00:00:00|
|Supporting Sentences Part 2||00:00:00|
|Section 7 - Transition Words|
|Transition Words Part 1||00:00:00|
|Transition Words Part 2||00:00:00|
|Section 8 - Signposts|
|Scetion 9 - Concluding Sentences|
|Concluding Sentences Part 1||00:00:00|
|Concluding Sentences Part 2||00:00:00|
|Section 10 - Types Of Paragraphs|
|Types Of Paragraphs||00:00:00|
|Section 11 - Final Bits And Pieces|
|Final Bits And Pieces||00:00:00|