About This Course
The course is presented in four parts.
First, brief introduction to Power BI, how to install it, and compare Power BI dashboard with Excel charts, and other BI tools:
- With Excel:
- More visuals and charts in Power BI;
- Power BI allows users to type their questions and get instant answers, in the form of charts, which is not possible in Excel.
- Charts are slicers in Power BI
- With other BI tools:
- No. 1 leader on the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Connects to over 130 data sources, and counting
- Monthly updates on Power BI, not annually nor quarterly like others
Second part is to review what we learned in Power Query and Power Pivot, and how they function inside the Power BI environment.
- Power Query: Advanced query editor, add a column from example, unpivot
- Power Pivot: relationship, DAX formulas, Measures, fact/dimension tables
- New DAX measure for commentaries in Part III below
Third, we demonstrate how to build a dashboard based on data warehouse by using the following visuals:
- Slicer and cross filter
- Play Axis
Last, we conclude our webinar with:
- Best practices in building a dashboard, and
- Segue to next part of Power BI – Part 2: Sharing “On-Demand” Dashboards
Prerequisites and Advanced Preparation:
- Some background using Power Query and/or Power Pivot in Excel is preferred.
- Example: be able to connect to external files and load to Power Query and/or Power Pivot.
- Discover Power BI as leader in Business Intelligence platforms
- Explore how to add automated commentaries to Power BI dashboard
- Discover essential visuals to make your dashboard interactive
- Recognize powerful function in Power BI to cross filter dashboard visuals
- Identify the best practices in Power BI dashboards
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned building interactive dashboards with Power BI.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about Microsoft Power BI.
|Section 1 - Introduction To Power BI|
|What Is Power BI||00:00:00|
|Why Power BI – Power BI vs Excel||00:00:00|
|Why Power BI – Power BI vs Other BI Tools||00:00:00|
|This Course Compared With Other Courses||00:00:00|
|Why This Course||00:00:00|
|What You Will Get||00:00:00|
|Introduction To Power BI||00:00:00|
|Course Resources – Power BI: Building Interactive Dashboards||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - Power Query And Power Pivot Function In BI Environment|
|Section 3 - Dashboard|
|Q And A||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Best Practices In Power BI Modeling|
|Best Practices Part 1||00:00:00|
|Best Practices Part 2||00:00:00|
|Next Course And Q And A||00:00:00|