Learn Power Query and Power Pivot in Excel to clean and manipulate external data, consolidate separate files, and link data tables together.Read more.
Based in Scotland, I am a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants. I am a process improvement consultant and course author.
Only want this course? Buy this course for
$199 $19 and keep lifetime access.
About This Course
Who this course is for:
- Anyone involved in big data analysis who wants to cut down on time preparing reports
What you’ll learn:
- Use Power Query to load data from an external source into Microsoft Excel
- Clean and manipulate external data before loading it into Excel
- Consolidate separate files with Power Query
- Update Excel tables with new data in the same format
- Use Power Query to “unpivot” report tables to prepare the data for analysis
- Explain the core functionality of Power Pivot
- Link data tables together in the Power Pivot data model
- Create pivot tables that draw data from several source data tables
- Create performance measures and new analysis in the Power Pivot data model
- Use the most popular DAX query language functions in Power Pivot
- No prior knowledge is required to take this course
Power Query and Power Pivot are two tools available in Microsoft Excel. If you are serious about data analysis, then you need to know how to use these tools. This Quickstart guide will give you the skills you need to get started with these powerful features.
The Power Query tool allows you to import external data and then modify it to meet your needs, before loading it into Excel. These editing tasks are all things you can do manually in Excel, but Power Query greatly speeds things up when you have a large volume of data.
The Power Pivot tool allows you to connect multiple data tables in an extended pivot table. Power Pivot also introduces new analysis and query tools to further enhance data analysis.
If data analysis is your thing, then this course will help you get up to speed with these feature-filled tools. Through screen-capture video, the course provides a step-by-step guide to the foundation skills needed to use both Power Query and Power Pivot effectively. The course is designed to make your first steps into Power Query easy and to build your confidence to use them on your own.
Both Power Query and Power Pivot are also available in Microsoft Power BI – the data visualisation suite. Once you have learned how to use Power Query and Power Pivot in Excel with this course, you’ll have a head start in getting to grips with Power BI
Get up to speed with Power Query and Power Pivot in Microsoft Excel with this Quickstart guide.
Additional Resources – Starter spreadsheets for each lesson are provided so that learners can follow the steps presented.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned Power Query and Power Pivot.
10 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today!
|Section 1 - Power Query|
|Power Query Quickstart||00:00:00|
|Power Query Combining Sheets||00:00:00|
|Unpivoting A Table||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - Power Pivot|
|Power Pivot Quickstart||00:00:00|
|Power Pivot Adding Data And Functionality||00:00:00|
|Key DAX Functions For Power Pivot||00:00:00|
|The DAX Calculate Function||00:00:00|
|Key Learning Points||00:00:00|
|Knowledge Review – Power Query And Power Pivot Quickstart||00:00:00|