About This Course
I’m so glad you are taking this course! A warm welcome.
Before we get started, please make sure you’ve chosen the right course for your goals, skill-level, learning style, and personality type. Why is this important? Because I want you to be happy and I want you to get the most value for your time and money. So making sure this is the right course for you is the first step. 🙂
This course was created for:
- Complete beginners
- Art hobbyists and novices
- People who have all but given up on the idea that they might be creative
- People who think they can’t draw at all
- People who used to draw but have forgotten how
- People who like easy tips and tricks that give impressive results fast (*like a super easy recipe that looks like you spent hours slaving in a kitchen when really you whipped up something quite easily in minutes)
- Traditional artists who’d like to get started also working digitally
- Children who want to learn introductory illustration techniques
- Art educators who want to learn tried and true techniques that build confidence in students and that will get them making beautiful and unique illustrations in just over an hour with big smiles on their faces.
- Any artist at any skill level who is open-minded and wants to learn a few cool new tips and techniques to add to their bag of tricks
- Anyone who wants to learn the most important tools that can be found in virtually ANY imaging program, not just Adobe Illustrator (layers, brushes, erasers, transparencies, colors, etc.)
This course is not for:
- People who only want to focus on drawing from life or imagination. (*One of my favorite books for improving hand-eye coordination and drawing from life without photos as a guide is the book, “Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain” by Betty Edwards. So I recommend it for EVERYONE.)
- Professionals who want to learn the most advanced, very specific/specialized, or very complex illustration techniques
- People who want to know every feature of Illustrator. In this course, I only focus on the most important tools you can start with right away that are also found in virtually every other decent imaging program and tools that will still be around 20 years from now.
- For best results, I recommend you go through all the sections in order, especially if you are a beginner and brand new to Illustrator. If however, you are already familiar with Illustrator, (it’s windows, settings, and tools, etc.) then please feel free to skip Section 2 and jump right ahead to Section 3 where we get into making a simple digital illustration step by step.
If you don’t already have Illustrator, you can get a free trial from Adobe.com.
Also please note that even if you use another software program that is not lllustrator, you can still apply the techniques and skills in this course to whichever program you feel most comfortable in.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to create simple illustrations using Adobe Illustrator.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about illustrating in Adobe Illustrator.
|Section 1 - Introduction|
|Welcome! Introduction To This Illustrator Course||00:00:00|
|New To Adobe Illustrator? Here’s The Crash Course To Get You Started||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - Getting Set Up: All About Copyright Issues And Using Photos In Your Projects|
|Important Copyright Issues You Need To Know And Choosing A Photo As A Guide||00:00:00|
|75+ Resources To Get Free Images, Music, And Videos For Your Projects||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - Let's Do It! Make A Custom Illustration In Adobe Illustrator|
|Placing Your Photo As A Guide In Illustrator||00:00:00|
|Setting Up Your Brush And Making A “Drawing” Layer In Illustrator||00:00:00|
|Draw The Black And White Line Drawing In Illustrator||00:00:00|
|Pause Here To Learn How To Save Properly And Save Yourself Pain And Suffering||00:00:00|
|Adding Color: Option #1 Coloring With The Brush Tools In Illustrator||00:00:00|
|Adding Color: Option #2 Use The Live Paint Bucket Tool In Illustrator||00:00:00|
|Adding Color: Option #3 Cheat And Go Color It In Photoshop||00:00:00|
|Saving A Final Web Version In Illustrator||00:00:00|
|Saving A Final Web Version In Adobe Photoshop||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Extras, Resources, And Conclusion|
|Extra: Timelapse Illustration (In Photoshop) – Review And Case Study||00:00:00|
|Extra: 5 Easy And Free Tools That Will Free Your Creative Soul||00:00:00|
|Extra: The Only “Evergreen” Tools You Need To Know In Any Imaging Program||00:00:00|
|Extra: Take Your Best Digital Paintings And Start Selling Them Online (Case Study)||00:00:00|
|Extra: Link Your Online Store To Your Website And Social Media Pages||00:00:00|
|Extra Audio Mp3: Color Tips For Your Images, Website, And Presentations||00:00:00|
|Keeping Sketchbooks And Journals: Enhance Your Creative Process||00:00:00|
|Photographer Credit For The Hamster Image||00:00:00|
|Thanks For Visiting My Online Classroom. Please Review And Don’t Be A Stranger.||00:00:00|