Master watercolor painting techniques such as wet-in-wet and wet-in-dry, sketch and paint landscape scenes in as little as twenty minutes.Read more.
Hello, I'm Darren Yeo, a watercolour artist and teacher based in Melbourne, Australia. I am the founder of one of the largest watercolour learning communities, "Watercolour Mentor". My work features predominantly natural landscapes, urban streetscapes, and portraiture in watercolor medium. Watercolours are special to me because there is a sense of finality once an area has dried – you can’t erase or go over that area to ‘fix’ it. You need to accept and work with what is there. To lea
Only want this course? Buy this course for
$199 $19 and keep lifetime access.
About This Course
Who this course is for:
- Beginner students learning watercolor painting
- Students learning how to sketch in watercolor
- Students learning how to draw
- Students learning painting
- Students looking for a fun and easy way to boost their creativity
What you’ll learn:
- Drawing and Composition: Discover how to sketch basic details as the foundation for your paintings, taught at the beginning of each demonstration.
- Placing the Horizon Line and Sketching References: Learn the techniques for accurately positioning the horizon line and quickly sketching the reference photo.
- Creating Vibrant Watercolor Paintings: Explore complementary colors to add vibrancy and interest to your watercolor artworks.
- Soft and Loose Painting Techniques: Master the art of painting skies, mountains, water, trees, buildings, and figures in a soft and loose manner, combining wet-in-wet and wet-in-dry techniques.
- Watercolor Paper Wetting: Understand how and when to wet your watercolor paper to achieve specific effects, such as creating the appearance of soft clouds.
- Balancing Accuracy: Know when to switch to more rigid and accurate shapes after the paper has dried.
- Timing and Brush Selection: Learn the significance of timing in watercolors and the appropriate use of different brushes.
- Sketch Planning: Utilize sketching to plan out the steps of your watercolor paintings effectively.
- No previous drawing or painting skills required. You will learn everything from scratch in this course.
Hello, I’m Darren from Watercolor Mentor, and I’m delighted to welcome you to “Easy Watercolor Landscape Sketching.” This class offers an enjoyable and straightforward approach to learning how to paint, requiring minimal preparation.
Throughout the course, I will guide you through sketching and painting various landscapes in just 20 minutes. I’ll demonstrate and explain techniques like wet-in-wet and wet-in-dry in real time. I’ll also show you how to simplify and sketch scenes in pencil.
Geared towards beginners, the course includes 15 full landscape demonstrations with step-by-step guidance. Drawings and tracing templates are provided for each demonstration, facilitating quick and easy transfers of your drawings.
As we progress, I’ll narrate my demonstrations in real-time, explaining every technique I use within the context of the painting. For example, I’ll demonstrate layering into wet areas to paint shadows of a tree. You’ll gain insight into the basics of wet-in-wet watercolor painting, and I’ll discuss the materials you’ll need, your options and the ones I use and recommend. If you have some brushes, watercolor paints, and paper, you’re all set to begin.
Join me in this class, and together, let’s create stunning watercolor paintings you can be proud of!
Class Resources such as original painting scans, templates, and photographs are available under the ‘Materials Required’ lecture.
Materials: Feel free to use any regular or mechanical pencil, watercolor paper, and brushes you have available. For your convenience, I recommend the following:
- Mechanical pencil (0.5mm)
- 100% cotton watercolor paper or sketchbook
- Watercolor Brushes – mop brush and a variety of round and flat brushes.
Learn more watercolor techniques with my other course Watercolor Essentials: Tone And Values Made Simple.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned watercolor landscape sketching.
10 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today!
|Section 1 - Introduction And Materials|
|Section 2 - Paint Along Demonstrations (Fully Narrated)|
|Beach Umbrella Sketch||00:00:00|
|Misty Landscape Sketch||00:00:00|
|Moscow Street Scene||00:00:00|
|Street Scene – Paint The Light||00:00:00|
|Street Scene – Paint The Shadows||00:00:00|