Learn to turn a reference photo into a portrait sketch and use layering techniques to paint skin tones, shadows and facial details.Read more.
Hello, I'm Darren Yeo, a watercolour artist and teacher based in Melbourne, Australia. I am the founder of one of the largest watercolour learning communities, "Watercolour Mentor". My work features predominantly natural landscapes, urban streetscapes, and portraiture in watercolor medium. Watercolours are special to me because there is a sense of finality once an area has dried – you can’t erase or go over that area to ‘fix’ it. You need to accept and work with what is there. To lea
Only want this course? Buy this course for
$199 $29 and keep lifetime access.
About This Course
Who this course is for:
- Beginner watercolor painters
- Beginners learning portraiture
- Beginners looking for an easy process to start sketching faces
What you’ll learn:
- How to keep colors fresh and vibrant
- How to paint different skin tones using a limited range of colors
- How to sketch and paint 10 different faces, based on 10 reference photos
- How to quickly draw faces and portraits from a reference photograph freehand
- How to paint subjects in various poses and lighting conditions
- How to layer paints to add depth, shadows and details
- How to use essential watercolor techniques in the context of portraiture, such as wet-in-wet and wet-on-dry
- How to determine a light source and the correct use of values in painting
- What essential paints, paper, brushes and drawing materials you will need
- No prior knowledge is required to take this course
Hi and Welcome to Painting Faces In Watercolor: Fun Sketching Exercises!
Faces and portraits are one of the most challenging subjects for beginners and advanced painters alike. In this course, we’re going to take the pressure off and work on understanding basic facial anatomy and create some quick and expressive sketches of some watercolor faces.
By the end of this course, you will be able to turn a reference photo into a portrait sketch, and feel more confident in understanding how to use layering techniques efficiently to paint skin tones, shadows and facial details.
Although we’ll be using a variety of reference photos, the aim of this course is not complete accuracy but rather an understanding of how to create quick impressions of a subject via sketching in pencil and watercolor.
This is a feature-packed course, and I have included many demonstrations to provide you with more opportunities to learn how to paint different subjects.
Join me in this course and let’s get painting!
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to paint a portrait sketch.
10 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today!
|Section 1 - Introduction|
|Section 2 - Theory And Exercises|
|Drawing – Front Faces||00:00:00|
|Drawing – Side Faces||00:00:00|
|Painting – Understanding Colour, Values And Layering||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - Sketching Faces|
|Mature Aged Man||00:00:00|
|Side Face Woman, Dark Hair, Background||00:00:00|
|Side Face Woman, Dark Hair||00:00:00|
|Woman, Dark Background||00:00:00|
|Side Face Woman||00:00:00|
|Course Resources Painting Faces In Watercolour||00:00:00|