This course is designed for those interested to learn the basics of how bands work together, band name and identity, and how bands divide profit and losses.Read more.
About This Course
Who this course is for:
- This course is perfect for anyone who is doing any kind of musical collaboration. Not just bands, but producers, songwriters, and any other creative partnership for music.
- Anyone who has ever wondered about how a band is organized from the legal and business perspective.
What you’ll learn:
- Creating a contractual agreement between band members
- How bands divide profits (and losses)
- Writer splits
- How bands pay for things
- Adding band members
- Intellectual Property
- Band name and identity
- Band publishing agreements
- Financing a band
- Raising money
- Getting a loan as a band
- Breaking up the band
- Nothing is required to take this course. You will learn everything there is to know about how bands operate, both in the startup phase and more successful bands.
Welcome to the “Musician’s Guide” Series!
This series is pulled directly from the courses I’ve created for my university position in Music Business. All of these courses are designed for the everyday musician – amateur or professional – who has little or no knowledge on the topic, but wants to master it.
This class is all about Band Partnerships and Legal Issues. In other words: How bands (and any musical collaboration) work together. In this class, I’ll give you a template for a typical agreement between band members, and walk you through what everything means.
It is ideal for anyone who is in a band or wants to start a band. Especially:
- Musicians: If you are making music with other people, you need to understand your rights and come to some understanding.
- Producers: If you are producing for other musicians, you should have them under contract. In this class, I’ll walk you through the entire contract, and give you a template to use.
- Curious Minds: Anyone interested in how bands operate is invited to be a part of this class.
We will start by talking through what bands “have.” That is more than just the PA that they bought together – it is also all their intellectual property – like songs, albums, any recordings, the band name, logos, flyers, and more. Then, we will look at a typical band agreement (I’ll give you a copy to use with your own band), and I’ll walk you through every step of the agreement so you fully understand what is being asked.
The goal of this class is for you to understand how bands work together, and how to keep from suing each other once you start making money!
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned how bands work together.
10 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about band partnerships.
|Section 1 - Introduction And Overview|
|What We Are Covering Here||00:00:00|
|Tools You Will Need For This Class||00:00:00|
|Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - What Is A Band Partnership?|
|What Bands Have||00:00:00|
|What Can Go Wrong||00:00:00|
|The Band As A Business||00:00:00|
|[Download] Band Partnership File||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - Property|
|Real Property Issues||00:00:00|
|Intellectual Property Issues||00:00:00|
|Right To Use The Band Identity||00:00:00|
|Email Lists, Social Media Accounts, And Contacts||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Changes In Members|
|Firing A Band Member||00:00:00|
|What They Are Entitled To||00:00:00|
|Adding A Band Member||00:00:00|
|Valuation Of The Band||00:00:00|
|Section 5 - Leaving Members And Recording Agreements|
|Obligation To Record||00:00:00|
|Section 6 - Financing|
|Money From Members||00:00:00|
|Outside Financing: Investors||00:00:00|
|Outside Financing: Loans||00:00:00|
|Accounting, Accounts, And Audits||00:00:00|
|Section 7 - Other Agreement Provisions|
|Profits And Losses||00:00:00|
|Meeting And Voting||00:00:00|
|Breaking Up The Band||00:00:00|
|The Answer Is In The Agreement||00:00:00|
|Section 8 - Wrap Up|
|What Comes Next?||00:00:00|
|Thanks For Watching!||00:00:00|