Learn the basics of offering well-informed support to people experiencing depression.Read more.
About This Course
Who this course is for:
- Managers and HR professionals across all sectors
- Anyone wishing to support others experiencing depression
- People who struggle with depression themselves may also find value in this course
What you’ll learn:
- Fully understand the causes and consequences of depression
- Appreciate the need for sensitivity in helping people cope with depression
- Explore ways of supporting people experiencing depression
- Be more confident in supporting people experiencing depression
- All that you need is a desire to learn more about depression and how to tackle it.
Depression can range from minor to severe and is highly debilitating. It can be short-term or long-term, periodic or persistent. While it is clearly a major challenge for the individuals concerned, it also presents significant challenges to family, friends, colleagues, and employers. This course provides a basic foundation for understanding depression to help anyone affected by it – directly or indirectly – to be better equipped to rise to the challenges involved.
Depression is a very complex matter, but unfortunately, it is commonly prone to considerable oversimplification – for example, seen as simply sadness or regarded as something that just needs the individual to heed the call to ‘pull yourself together.’ The causes and consequences of depression are quite varied and need to be considered carefully to avoid potentially making a bad situation worse.
With today’s well-justified emphasis on health and well-being, it is essential that issues relating to depression are not left out of the picture. This course will help equip you to address any concerns relating to depression and its consequences.
Simply hoping that depression will just go away of its own accord is a risky business and can prove very costly in both human and financial terms. A much better understanding of depression is needed.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned the basic foundation of understanding depression to help anyone affected by it.
10 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today!
|Section 1 - Coping With Depression|
|Module Companion E-Workbook||00:00:00|
|Part 1 – What is depression?||00:00:00|
|Part 2 – Causes of depression||00:00:00|
|Part 3 – Effects of depression||00:00:00|
|Part 4 – Helping others and self-help||00:00:00|