Learn the basics of mental health and how to offer mental health first aid.Read more.
Jeremy Old has thirty years experience as an independent management psychologist, psychotherapist and management coach. He created this powerful mental health first aid training course because he discovered, through his time as a management coach, that his intervention at a mental health level has often resulted in massive changes in both individual and group performance. He now realizes that ultimately only healthy people can make healthy organizations and healthy communities. This realization
Only want this course? Buy this course for
$199 $29 and keep lifetime access.
About This Course
Who this course is for:
- Mental health first aider
- Line managers, HR managers, supervisors and team leaders.
- Anyone interested in a refresher on mental health first aid.
What you’ll learn:
- Provide rapid relief to someone in distress and prevent a more serious condition from arising
- How the stress response can translate into mental health issues and how knowing this is therapeutic
- Identify the causes of stress in the workplace and learn the key factors that develop a positive work culture
- Help someone come out of a panic attack quickly and prevent them from experiencing one in the future
- Use the understanding of the twelve emotional needs to help lift anxiety and depression
- Language skills to help someone overcome blocks to utilizing their own innate resources
- Deflect destructive language and instead use new language skills to stimulate positive change
- Normalize conversations about mental health so as to encourage positive change in the workplace
- Simple relaxation techniques to prevent stressed thinking and behavior
- Dispel nine harmful myths about mental health and psychotherapy that create confusion, doubt and resistance to change.
- No prior knowledge is required to take this course
There are very real reasons why people are experiencing more and more stress in their lives at the moment. And this stress is harming our individual and collective mental health as well as our physical well-being and economic prosperity. So, this course is designed to explain exactly what is going on for many people. Even more important the course supplies you with the means to alleviate or prevent the mental health problems resulting.
Contrary to popular belief and many myths surrounding psychology and counseling, helping people with their mental health issues is not actually difficult for the average human to handle. The reason is that we all share the same human condition. By that we mean that most of us have instinctive empathy towards others as well as a lifetime of experience that gives us all some understanding and knowledge of other people and their problems. The thing to remember is that at an instinctive level we all want to help one another get along and this common empathy is a powerful ingredient of friendship, collaboration, long-term close relationships, and simple interventions with mental health first aid. But if you want to help people with their stress and mental health issues then in addition to this empathy you need some basic facts about how the human brain works and especially what happens to us when we get stressed.
So, this course is designed to add to your existing life experience and equip you with the latest science-based knowledge about how our brains work, the impact our emotions have on our thought processes and stress levels, and how the stress response gets in the way of so many things we want to do and achieve. Apart from this key background knowledge, you will also learn some simple techniques to enable you to really make a difference. And this means being able to offer timely help to a friend or colleague in need, and so prevent a difficult situation from spiraling out of control.
In brief this course will give you science-based knowledge about:
- The physiological process called the stress response
- The role our innate physical and emotional needs play in triggering stress
- How innate physical and emotional needs help maintain health and mental well-being
- How identifying someone’s unfulfilled needs can lift a variety of symptoms quickly
- How to stop and then prevent panic attacks
- Advice you can give to alleviate stress, anxiety, anger, and trauma
- The stress continuum and its role in the onset of mental ill-health
- The different functions of the brain’s hemispheres in the context of mental health
- The cycle of depression and how to break out of it quickly
- The role of the dopamine system – nature’s reward system, in maintaining balance
- The role of trance in learning, human behavior, and problematic states
- How the dream state de-arouses the day times’ stressful stimuli
- How your imagination can both create and help solve psychological problems
- How the ‘observing self’ separates someone’s problem from their core identity
- How the healing response comprises a rich system of mind-body interaction
- The role of ultradian rhythms in making internal mental & physical repairs
In the work context, the course will also provide useful information about the significant costs of stress to the organization and how stress lowers productivity and employee engagement, and how it provokes more accidents, mistakes, absenteeism, and is responsible for a decline in creative problem solving, loss of talented staff and more.
Although this is not a psychotherapy course, the content is nevertheless based upon the Human Givens school of psychotherapy. This approach provides powerful science-based interventions that routinely provide rapid and sustainable relief for mental distress and illnesses. These include chronic anxiety and anger, depression, PTSD, phobias, psychosis, schizophrenia and addiction.
“Really excellent content – so useful for any manager or HR practitioner. There is a huge amount of material in here” Head of the workforce transformation at an UK NHS Trust
“One of the best seminars/ workshops I have attended, ten out of ten!” – Training and education officer (Social Services)
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have a better understanding of mental health and how to provide mental health first aid to those around you in need.
10 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today!
|Section 1: Introduction|
|The Mental Health Continuum||00:00:00|
|Mental Health Myths||00:00:00|
|Four Facts About Depression||00:00:00|
|The Stress Response||00:00:00|
|Section 2: Our Emotional Needs|
|Introduction To Our Twelve Emotional Needs||00:00:00|
|The Impact Of The Covid Crisis On The Emotional Needs||00:00:00|
|Section 3: Our Innate Resources And Inner Guidance System|
|Our Innate Resources Introduction||00:00:00|
|A Review Of Our Innate Resource||00:00:00|
|Section 4: How To Offer First Aid|
|Introduction – How To Offer First Aid||00:00:00|
|Qualities Of A Mental Health First Aider||00:00:00|
|How To Structure A First Aid Session||00:00:00|
|Questionnaires To Help||00:00:00|
|COVID Action Plans||00:00:00|
|Section 5: A Summary Of The Whole Course|
|Summary Of The Whole Course||00:00:00|
|Section 6: Downloadable Course Notes|
|Section 1 Course Notes||00:00:00|
|Section 2 Course Notes||00:00:00|
|Section 3 Course Notes||00:00:00|
|Section 4 Course Notes||00:00:00|
Mental Health First Aider
The course is precise and well-explained by the instructor. I gathered great information to assist me in the mental health field.
Thank you so much for this great course. Jeremy made sure that he’s giving the information in a way that would be easy to understand. Highly recommended!
I love the presenter and his manner of delivery. The course offers lots of useful resources that we can use in our workplace.
A very engaging course
Jeremy discusses the basics of mental health and he makes complicated ideas easy to comprehend.
Highly recommended to the workplace as becoming a mental health aider won’t just benefit the organization but we can also apply it in our own personal lives.
The course also has an up to date discussion about COVID and its impact on our emotional needs which is relevant to our current situation.
An excellent training to learn how to offer mental health first aid
Highly recommend it; this is an excellent training, there is so much detail to dive into, and the instructor takes the time to dive in. He provided detailed information about Stress (response, decision-making, natural & stressed brain stress) and did so from a workplace lens but also discussed individual application… super helpful.