About This Course
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for both new and established small business owners and managers who may be strong in their own fields but want a better understanding of the basic concepts of tracking their company finances as well as students beginning the journey of learning bookkeeping.
- A stronger grasp of these basic concepts helps every area of business from communicating with their CPA’s/tax advisors to making better decisions for the company and employees; to students learning to communicate with their instructors.
What you’ll learn:
- What is Income and how do you track it?
- Which types of Expenses can be claimed by your business
- The difference between Assets, Liabilities and Equity
- The Five W’s of Bookkeeping
- Transactions, The Fundamental Financial Equation and Charts of Accounts
- Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables
- Reading Financial Reports
- Business Odds and Ends such as Mileage Tracking, Credit Terms, Shipping and Freight, Trade Discounts
- The Top 10 Mistakes Small Businesses Make
- The Top 6 Tips for Good Bookkeeping
- As long as you know how to add and subtract (or can use a calculator!), you’re ready to begin!
Last update – October 2021
It takes a lot to be able to understand how to run a business. Whether you’re the owner, an employee or even a student trying to understand how everything works. You may have a full range of talent in your specific field, but that doesn’t mean you’re strong in every area of running a business. And that’s how this course approaches the material.
Using simple, easy-to-understand discussion, along with full color illustrated note sheets and samples, this course with over 50 video lessons teaches you the basic fundamentals of how money is tracked and what that means to your business or project.
The course provides beginners understanding of the basic concepts using everyday examples along with common phrases and terms to teach that “other language” of bookkeeping and for you to feel more confident in working with vendors, customers, employees, investors, instructors and more!
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned the basics of bookkeeping.
10 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about the basics of bookkeeping.
|Section 1 - Course Introduction|
|Introduction – Course Overview||00:00:00|
|Introductions And Off – Course Resources||00:00:00|
|Downloadable Materials And Quizzes||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - Money And Its Relationship To Business|
|Before We Start – Business Vs. Personal||00:00:00|
|Why Worry About The Money?||00:00:00|
|What Kind Of Business Are You?||00:00:00|
|The Four Business Types||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - Let's Understand What We're Talking About|
|What And Why||00:00:00|
|When And Where||00:00:00|
|Consistency Is The Key||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - The Tools|
|The Big Equation: A = L + E||00:00:00|
|Accounts And The Chart Of Accounts||00:00:00|
|Sample Charts Of Accounts||00:00:00|
|Section 5 - Here Comes The Money - Income And Revenue|
|How Are You Actually Making Money?||00:00:00|
|Invoices, Receipts And Statements||00:00:00|
|If You Are Invoicing||00:00:00|
|Not All Money Coming In Is Income||00:00:00|
|Section 6 - There Goes The Money - Expenses|
|What Are Expenses?||00:00:00|
|What Does It Cost To Make or Acquire The Product? – COGS||00:00:00|
|Organizing The Expenses||00:00:00|
|Section 7 - The Other Big Three|
|It’s Just “Stuff” – Assets||00:00:00|
|Can You Break A $100 Bill? – Asset Shift||00:00:00|
|The Company Owes What? – Liabilities||00:00:00|
|But What’s Really Mine? – Equity||00:00:00|
|Section 8 - Who Owes Whom?|
|Put It On My Tab – Accounts Payable||00:00:00|
|You Want To Pay When? – Accounts Receivable||00:00:00|
|What If They Don’t Pay?||00:00:00|
|Section 9 - For The Record Books|
|How Are You Doing And How Do You Know?||00:00:00|
|Cash Reporting Versus Accrual Reporting||00:00:00|
|Am I Making Profit? – P And L Report||00:00:00|
|Where Do I Stand Right Now? – The Balance Sheet||00:00:00|
|Am I Worth Anything? – The Owner’s Equity Reports||00:00:00|
|What’s Owed To Me and By Me – The A/P and A/R Reports||00:00:00|
|Section 10 - Odds And Ends|
|Terms And Cash Discounts||00:00:00|
|Shipping And Freight||00:00:00|
|Good Record Keeping||00:00:00|
|Top 10 Mistakes Small Businesses Make||00:00:00|
|Top 6 Tips For Good Bookkeeping||00:00:00|
|Section 11 - So Now What?|
|Can I Get Some Help and Our Course Recap||00:00:00|