Learn the basics of recognizing the potential for aggression, nipping difficult situations in the bud, reacting calmly to aggressive outbursts, and dealing with the aftermath.Read more.
About This Course
Who this course is for:
- If your work brings you into situations where an aggressive response is possible, then this course is for you.
What you’ll learn:
- Recognize common causes of aggression
- Be better prepared to prevent difficult situations from escalating into aggression
- Feel more confident in dealing with situations if or when aggression arises
- Appreciate what is involved in dealing effectively with the aftermath of an aggressive outburst
- You will need access to a printer to produce a hard copy of the e-workbook for making notes and doing the course exercises. Other than that, you’re ready to start.
This particular course has been developed to help staff and managers across a wide range of organizations and sectors develop their knowledge, skills, and confidence. Participants will be helped to:
- Understand the human and financial costs of aggression and violence
- Recognize the warning signs of impending aggression
- Develop strategies for preventing aggression, defusing it, and dealing with the aftermath
No one can guarantee that aggression will not occur, but well-informed staff can learn to recognize early warning signs, implement strategies for preventing difficult situations from escalating into aggression, defuse aggression when it does arise, and manage the aftermath effectively. That is precisely what this course is all about. The insights gained from this course could make all the difference between a well-managed situation that does no harm (and could earn you a lot of respect) and the potentially tragic consequences of dissatisfaction growing into aggression and ultimately becoming violence.
This course will make you better informed and more confident in facing potentially violent situations.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to keep yourself safe in difficult situations.
10 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today!
|Section 1 - Introduction|
|Module Companion E-book Handling Aggression||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - Lesson 1 - Making Yourself Safe|
|Lesson 1.1: What Situations Produce Aggression?||00:00:00|
|Lesson 1.2: Effective Use Of Conflict Management Skills||00:00:00|
|Lesson 1.3: Preventing Aggression||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - Lesson 2 - Warning Signs|
|Lesson 2.1: Situational Signs||00:00:00|
|Lesson 2.2: Recognizing The Warning Signs||00:00:00|
|Lesson 2.3: Recognizing The Warning Signs (cont.)||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Lesson 3 - Defusing The Situation|
|Lesson 3.1: Defusing The Situation I||00:00:00|
|Lesson 3.2: Defusing The Situation II||00:00:00|
|Lesson 3.3: Defusing The Situation III||00:00:00|
|Section 5 - Lesson 4 - Protecting Yourself|
|Lesson 4.1: Protecting Yourself I||00:00:00|
|Lesson 4.2: Protecting Yourself II||00:00:00|
|Lesson 4.3: Protecting Yourself III||00:00:00|
|Section 6 - Lesson 5 - The Aftermath And Grief|
|Lesson 5.1: The Role Of Adrenaline||00:00:00|
|Lesson 5.2: Dealing With The Aftermath||00:00:00|
|Lesson 5.3: Grief, Crisis And Trauma||00:00:00|
|Section 7 - Lesson 6 - Do's And Don'ts|
|Lesson 6.1: DOs||00:00:00|
|Lesson 6.2: DON’Ts||00:00:00|
|Lesson 6.3: Challenges And Rewards||00:00:00|
|Section 8 - Conclusion|